Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Zap Bang Crash

Love the craziness of life.
Hit that stage of the month where the only funds left, was what was in my wallet. No problem, happens same time, same place. Except I had a few things on between now and payday. Now, something you should realise is that everything works out for me everytime. I don't know why, it just does. It always has and I can't imagine that stopping. So, last night I was all set to go home and then scarper off to a camera club portraiture thing. Except I decided I would give the funkifying another shot and hit the gym first. I finished work late and got a phone call asking for help to teach a dance class, it sort of fit in so I was all for it. Then late, I found out I was actually teaching the class. Whoa! Usually there is a bit of notice and emotional psyching up, but that was cool. So, I rocked out of the gym halfway through, taught a way groovy class, ran home, got the camera, rode to the camera club, hung out for a bit and then got home like 10.30ish, had dinner then did some work on a website, went to bed at like 1.30. Totally fun, totally jam packed. Got paid for teaching. Love my own work.

Cara applied for a job as a marketing person for a record company. She totally funked it up so that it had nothing in common with a job application at all. She is happy doing reception but she really could be doing more. It's hard because she needs a flexible job to do music stuff but she has the capacity to do some really good work. Not many jobs have that.

Simon who used to work with me sent me an e-mail saying he could definitely get me a job if I was willing to work for 12 months instead of 3. That's a very long time. I said I could do 6 months and then negotiate again. So far, this is the only bite I've had in the job market. I'm a bit hesitant to knock it back because Simon is the only person I know, and we all know it's who you know, y'know.

Interesting times ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home