Thursday, October 28, 2004

Spring Carnival

I love this city! We have a spring carnival which is like a week of special events at the horse racing. The entire city gets into it and the highlight is the Melbourne Cup which is a public holiday.

I'm going on Saturday to Derby Day and need a new shirt and tie. I haven't worn a suit since my grandfathers funeral early this year. Melbourne is a very multicultral place and the actual city seems to have a taste of everything. Walking through the city in search for clothes stores I even noticed that different areas also seem to have more attractive people and less attractive people - never noticed that before. We've fully got a Chinese bit, a Paris bit, a bohemian bit, a businessy bit, a druggy bit, a run down bit and a whole lot of new expensive bits. Love it. I've lived here all my life and I never get bored with it. I didn't find a shirt by the way, I just couldn't be bothered. I'm a terrible shopper - it's just not fun enough.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home