Thursday, October 14, 2004

People

8:51 AM 13/10/2004So, part of my goal to funk myself up a bit is to get my personal interactions under control a bit. There is nothing wrong with the way I interact with people, but everyone is different and I'm noticing that some people make a far bigger impact on others. I'm interested in how and why and I personally would like to make a bigger impact than I have done. I'm sure I come across as very nice and slightly humourous, so I don't want to disrupt that, but I do want to improve things a bit - with my friends, my work collegues, my girlfriend and with strangers. I think a lot of people who come across as nice make a positive impression but never get the attention that they want. I want to be in more control of that situation.
Yesterday morning, I was still in bed and just before Cara left she leapt onto the bed and gave me a huge cuddle and a kiss goodbye. This morning, she waved goodbye as she closed the bedroom door. The cause of this difference? Yesterday Cara needed to ask for money for the tram. Now, this is not something that I care about, it's trivial and unimportant but I'm wondering if it is something that I should pull her up on. Do girls (or adults even) need to be told if they don't act cool or do people have things under control and do they only need to be pulled up on the very big things?!? If I were to do something about it, should I tell her off, should I tease her? Should I mention it in passing? Should I just let it go?
Enough of that, on with life. As part of the Melbourne International Arts Festival there was a public interaction thingy in Federation Square....they have them every day over the 3 weeks or so that the festival is on. So Cara and I went to their thing last night. They started it off with a laughing class - it was bizarre and strange and wierd and a bit fun. They took us through various laughing exercises that you had to do with strangers and it was hilarious. They say that you fake laughing until it makes you laugh because the body doesn't know the difference - the premise is that laughing does have some healing effects. The whole thing was a little contrived - they were trying a little bit too hard to make us laugh but for what it was worth it was good fun. It was one of those things that only works if everyone gets into it, and everyone did. Whooooo!
Tonight I've actually got my first acrobatics and tumbling class. I have no idea what to expect and I've never done anything like it. It's for adults and I'm hoping everyone else is as unco as me. I wanted to try something different, learn a new skill, get some new stories. It's a six week short course (2 hours per week) and the boys and girls at work don't believe I'll get through the entire course without injuring myself. I keep telling them that I am totally invincible but they don't believe me. So, we've got a bet going.
If I come to work with any sprains, broken bones and cuts over the next six weeks then I have to: a) Drink a cup of coffee (which I've never done and am already too hyper) b) swear loudly in the office (no one here has ever heard me swear) and stand in the middle of the office and allow myself to be tickled (I'm very ticklish and even though I am quite manly, have a habit of squealing like a girl if ever tickled). It all sounds very gay, I know, but it was a gay man that came up with the bet so I should have expected it. If I get through the six weeks then they are going to buy me breakfast every day for a week. I really don't want to lose this bet - it's too stupid.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Gratis+upskirts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home