Thursday, October 14, 2004

Well, hello there.

Well, hello there. Glad you've found the very start. My name is Adam.
A stack of my friends are traveling at the moment and one of them is using this website to record his travels. All my other friends are sending group e-mails about their adventures. I thought it was about time that someone started a travel diary without actually going anywhere. My friends write really well and entirely too entertainingly and I was getting a bit jeolous so it's all happening now.
I am going through a bit of a transitionary phase of my life. Job/Friends/Myself are a'changing! My job finishes just before Christmas, everyone on my project has to find a new job. Most of my day to day hanging out with friends are now traveling various places around the world. Within one month 7 of my close friends left/will leave the country. So, I need a new crew to hang out with. I also want to funk myself up. I like myself, but I want to really, really like myself. I want to look cooler, have a cooler headspace and have much funner stories. So, who am I?
<...Adam description.. I work in IT looking after the security of a massive database called SAP. It is so big and expensive that only large companies can consider installing it. It takes million dollar projects to install this thing and I work on those projects. I contract out to them so I don't become an employee of each company per se. My current project finishes at Christmas time and I would like to take up another contract interstate or overseas for a couple of months then find something longer-term in Melbourne (Australia) where I live. I live with Cara and Chester in a nice little house. I am 26 years old and also teach dance classes on the side. I taught my second class all year last night, I'm sort of not as interested as I used to be. It's a latin/modern jive type of dancing and it is how I know a big chuck of my friends. I'm taking up photography and would love to be in a position where I could work a couple of days a week doing computer stuff and the rest of the week taking photos. I'm finding that photography is really freakin' hard to do well and there are many many photographers out there and very very few ways to make any money from it. I'm hoping to catch a niche market somehow - I just have to invent it first. I am lovely, I have funny moments and I'm not hugely unattractive. My mode of transportation is a red Honda VFR 750 (I remember watching one of those pre-liminary big brother shows and they said like 80% of all the video entrants put in their car - guess people find their car/bike defines them somewhat). I have totally awesome friends but I am really very ready to meet some new way groovy people, new people to get excited about>
<....Cara Description... Cara is a quite attractive young lady that has huge aspirations about being a rock chick. She plays the keyboards and does backing vocals for her band. They really are very good and are impatiently paving the way to take over the world. She also works in a camera store full time to pay the bills. She is an intelligent little chicky and can be very funny and very very focused. She can be focused to the point of being a bit selfish and self-centred, but mostly she's good. Today she's taken up riding to the tramstop from our house via the beach - with our recent excellent sunshine this makes her very happy. Soon her band will need to tour up the east coast of Australia and so while she is doing this I would like to be working in another state or country having my own adventures.>
<.....Chester description....> Chester was actually called Jonesy until we renamed him. We renamed him ages ago but he only came to live with us on Tuesday after Amber left to travel the world. Chester is a tiny little boggle eyed dog - a chiuawa thing - and lives to be patted. He was a bit sad the first day after Amber left but he seems very chirpy now. I have to get the lawnmower man to cut the grass tomorrow morning because it's been too long for him and he hasn't really left his little dog house since he got here. His favourite thing is coming inside the house and getting our attention>
I'm on a mission to make myself a little more funky, to set myself up with some groovy new friends and find myself an exciting fun job and I'm hoping this blogger thing can track that.
So, who am I writing to? I think I expect at some point my friends will read this but I think mostly I'm writing this for myself (because I seem to forget all my good stories and I want to write down my adventures as entertainingly as all my travelling friends) and for just people who randomly stumble across this - there is a lot of junk on the internet and I'd like to add to it. Whoooo!