Thursday, October 28, 2004

Dinner

The whole world is craziness. I can't remember we've been hit by a storm this bad, trees are falling over and everything. I was completely soaked through after riding my bike to work. Every time I'd stop at the lights I was nearly pushed over by the wind - very cool. I parked my bike overnight near the beach because I borrowed someone's car and this morning the waves were crashing right up and spraying my bike - it sounds stupid but who knew we'd be hit by the blowiest storm for ages.
So, the reason I had borrowed a car was for the anniversary thing. I wanted to get a big huge retro whale of a car to pick Cara up in and it was proving a bit tricky to organise, especially with work being a bit frantic. I couldn't find anything good, a lot of cars that weren't the usual were wedding cars, chevys and stuff which is not really what I was after. I gave up but yesterday afternoon when I was telling Kanella about the dinner she told me to take her convertible. I hadn't said anything about any cars, it was just a bit co-incidental. <...Kanella Description...> Kanella is totally cool and is a bit older than me and I've worked on and off with her for the last year or so. We've been 4WDriving a couple of times and had some very fun adventures. When we moved, we moved really close to Kanella and she has been helpful and fun and in the summer will let us use the pool at her place. Every year she goes to the Greek islands for a few weeks and seems to have life completely under control. She's been helping me look for work overseas because she has so much experience and totally awesome contacts...>
Cara thought the car was totally cool and a bit exciting and we felt a bit crazy driving around with the top down to this resturant. The resturant I picked was the place we went to for our first date. Last night was as awkward as that first night. The place was completely empty and somewhat devoid of personality and atmosphere. It's the week before the horse racing and renovations had closed the resturant part - we were moved to the cafe part. I was a little bit disappointed with young Cara. I never said anything but I've watched her glam up for so many things for so many other people a million kabillion times recently. She looks awesome for like, rehearsals, BBQs as well as parties and gigs and stuff. Sometimes I've been a bit jealous about the amount of effort she's put in just to hang out with her band or her mates or whatever. So, last night when she was looking like a dowdy libarian, I was disappointed and a bit embarrased that I had put so much effort in. I guess all those times watching her make herself amazing for other people, I was kind of hoping for the same thing. It doesn't actually seem important enough to mention, but it did throw me into a slight weird mood for dinner. Didn't help that I was exhausted either. We seem to have been rocking along to bed like 2am every morning and waking up at 6.30am. I don't think it's having a huge effect but I'm probably not as chirpy as I have been.
We ended the night with some candlelit massaging and so it will go down in the ancient tomes as a nice romantic evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home