Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Ahhh, the Soph.

Whoa! I'm only just getting over my weekend, it's Tuesday morning now. We had a bit of a send off for Sophie which was a pub crawl on Saturday night. It was massive and Sunday was a complete and utter right-off.
<....Sophie Description....> Sophie is an English chicky that met Cara when they both did a semester at a Canadian university years ago. Sophie came to Australia in December last year to stay for 9 months and only just left on Sunday morning, early Sunday morning. She lived with us for a couple of months and then moved to Port Melbourne, we obviously got bored without her and moved to the next suburb along. She aspires to be a writer and does some good little work, but it is a little bit directionless in life (much like myself) - we get along really really well - amazing well and I loved having her around. It was good for Cara and me too because we were having problems before she rocked up and it gave us something else to focus on. Sophie laughs at everything which is hilarious in itself. Being from England on a working holiday visa she had to find a new job every 3 months which meant that sometimes she was doing some very boring stuff but she met a lot of people and her farewell was huge.>
The pub crawl was a bit of fun, there was scoring and there were points for drinking and bonus points for all sorts of stupidity. I got a huge lead in the first pub and managed to win the night on that lead. Sophie came second and we both received appallingly crap trophies. We had to put a bet on the greyhounds and I won like 50 bucks and one of the chicks won like 60 bucks, then we got the hell out of there because it was dodge. We also went through a couple of really upperclass bars where we stuck out like nothing else in our tartan golf gear.
What else? I got through my first acrobatics class without injury. Somehow, everyone on the project knows about it so there are weekly meetings where my progress is now discussed. I'm sure they'll get bored of it soon enough. The acrobatics thing was pretty cool but I was so fricken bad at it. There were 15 people doing it and every single one had done the same course before or gymnastics when they were 8 or something. It sounds weird but it's been a long time since I've so terribly crap at something. Seems like a whole lot of fun though and I'm hanging for the next one.

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site auto inssurance for nissan skyline aston martin v12 vanquish on the road

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home