Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Little kids

I forgot to mention on the weekend I actually went to a BBQ that was organised by some photographers on the internet. This is part of my efforts to eventually not work full time in IT. Anyway, it was really quite weird. No one really knew each other particularly well and most were very quiet and not talkative. I was quite happy to talk up a storm but people weren't even responsive - I didn't have much to work with. There were a couple of good ones though which was awesome. I had invited a workmates brother who would like to dabble in modelling himself. Thank god he and his sister Anna came, they were so much more entertaining and fun and I had some an awesome time with them. I spread myself around a bit to meet everyone, but they stuck with one or two of the photographers and got to know them fairly well. Anna was totally cool and people warm up to her so much. Anyway the point of this story is that someone brought her little daughter along who was about 3 or something. She was very cute and easily made friends with everyone. She made me jump up and down wanting to go higher and higher and at one point I picked her up and spun and spun and spun her around. Someone was saying goodbye so as I put her down and her eyes rolled to the back of her head and all her limp and she sunk down. I tried to get her to move or react and there was nothing. Freaked me right out. I called her mum over and the little girl kind of woke up when her mum asked her what was wrong. I went to say goodbye to the person waiting and then checked everything was cool with the mum. She said everything was totally fine and the little girl does that all the time and was just mucking around. I though the little girl was very convincing. Later I was jumping up and down with her again and it happened again. I didn't call anyone and just let her flop down. After a while she slowly got back up and went off dancing to herself. Way weird. I don't have much contact with little kids, can you tell?
Speaking of kids, my dad came over to my place to have some good photos done for a work thing and he brought his partner and their 2 month old baby, Dominic Michael. The baby and Chester got along very well, it was weird and a little bit cute to see two tiny little things playing with each other.