Monday, November 01, 2004

The offlining of the funkifying of Adam

I do all my best thinking at lunchtime. There is something about not being anywhere near a computer that unleashes all the thoughts in one hour that I probably should have in the other eight hours of the working day. Todays thought as I walked out the door was 'I wonder if people can see my blog if they click on the quasi-hilarious comments I made in Damien's travel blog'. Since coming back from lunch I discovered this is true and have since taken my blog offline. My original intention for this blog-thingy was to put down all the semi-fun small stories that envelope my every-day life, to show the world that hanging out the city you've lived in forever is just as groovy as hanging out in other people's cities.

I've missed the mark though, instead of sharing the funness, I've only detailed the things that annoy me - the things that I try and get out of my system before I become groucy. It doesn't really work, these things don't really leave my system through writings on the web.
So, despite a freakin' tenuous link, I've taken this blog offline because only those really smart friends of Damiens would figure it out and they would know those people I speak of. I think while I was a'complainin' I was hoping some groovy internet funksters would find my blog entertaining and enlightening, but I think I want to get it back to the random acts of funness for friends and family to enjoy.

I'm not going to delete any thoughts so far, I've taken this thing offline until everyone has forgotten about Damien's travels and until I'm funner.

My other thoughts during lunchtime was, freakin' jeez, there were people everywhere. Since it is the monday before a public holiday, a lot of people have today off and apparently all come into the city. There were many, many, many people and I was thinking that I would really like to find out more about them. You get a certain amount of informationa about someone from their looks, their expression, their haste (or lack thereof) but there is so much more to people than that. I kind of feel like there is two worlds. One holds all the day to day thoughts and the other is the deep stuff. The deep stuff doesn't exist at lunchtimes in the city - and that makes me more curious about it. I almost wanted to round up strangers and have deep and meaningfuls with them. Obviously it isn't very often I have moments where I am not completely self-absorbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home