Monday, November 01, 2004

Flirtationaling

So, I think there is one final frontier standing in the way of Adam & Cara greatness, and it's kind of a big one..... drunken trust.

The pattern that I've now seen emerge is, Cara has a little bit to drink and she becomes very affectionate towards me. Goes in for some good pashing action and is generally in love and doesn't care who knows it. As the drinking progresses, she's out there. She's meeting people and flirting with boys and usually latches onto a new or old favourite. At this point I'm nervous and find myself having a crapper time because I'm half looking out for her and half concentrating on who I'm talking to. Now, I do not have any problems with her having an awesome time and being a big flirt - because I'm entirely like that myself. I get jealous because she doesn't come back to me at all, these other dudes get all her flirtatious and extra fun attention and all I get is a girl at the very end of the night who is asleep.... or holding my forehead as I'm, ah, tired and emotional.

So why should I care? How many dudes would love to be unleashed when on the turps? I care because I don't get it. All the other couples we were hanging with got way more schmoopy and I think that's what I want from Cara - instead of her acting like a single chick just over there. Who knows, maybe she's starting all these conversations with "how awesome is my boy?" but I somehow doubt it. When people are tanked, don't they act like they always wanted to? I'm sure I do.

Now, we don't drink that much very often, so this doesn't come up much, but after each drunk fest I can remember feeling crap and worried that she's got a new crush on .

So, at the races on Saturday it wasn't an old boyfriend or dancing partner or band dude, on Saturday it was suits and sailors and taxi drivers.

I don't actually care what she does, because I do trust that she isn't going to pash anyone or end up in a back alley with a football team. I want to know what her motivation is, why she finds flirting with others her funnest thing. Does she just want to feel sexy, or is she keeping up her skills? I don't know, but I hate feeling stupid after our most drunk awesomest nights.

I am aware that this blog seems to cop all the negative stuff that gets to me. I think that is when I am most inspired to write and because, well, I don't really want to inflict it on those around me. It's not real attractive.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home