Friday, November 05, 2004

Ahhh, the carnivale of Spring

Things I learned yesterday selling charity pins at Oaks Day:
- People are friendly nice and happy in the morning.
- People become less friendly, but more fun in the afternoon.
- Selling anything to people walking past is freakin' hard work.
- I felt bad for the people who kept getting badgered by all the charities and stuff.
- I sold three charity pins to people who were sick of being pestered.
- Double sided tape makers were the real winners of the spring carnival.
- I start to hate people after a while.
- Sometimes a mystery horse on the big race comes out a winner.
- Bookies have been losing out this Spring Carnivale because the favourites keep winning, or that's what some dude on the tram told me.
- After drinking for a little bit, I love people.
- People are pretty goddam fun.
- I can piggyback work collegues the entire length of the flemington carpark.
- Ballroom dancing with male collegues in packed pubs now mean that I can't ever go down to the 14th floor. Ever!
- The Karma gained from charity work still doesn't stop a hangover.