Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Can I have a job please?

Yesterday I was getting e-mails from Simon in Switzerland (who I used to work with) about working there. He was a bit excited but worried about visas and stuff. He said if I was going for 12 months then he'd get me a job for sure. I don't want to go for 12 months but I was worried that if I blow him off he would be my only contact with Europe (it's not what you know, it's who you know, y'know) so I said maybe I would consider 6 months (which is still a bit long for me). Anyway, I was feeling a bit down that my plan wasn't going to work when from 10pm to 11pm last night I got two international phone calls and 2 e-mails. Totally cool. One guy from Denmark said they might want me to work on Monday (bajeez) and Stockholm might be a goer. There is another one in London I could get but I'm not interested in London at all. How exciting! Cara and I were so buzzy after that! I've been told that I should quote like 500 pounds a day which is a million kabillion times more than I getting paid now - except talking to someone else they said that those parts of Europe are horrendously expensive and it'll be an effort to save enough to travel afterwards - how bizarre, completely squashed my hopes of coming back and buying 17 houses.... but that's cool. My motivation is all about the story, not the cash. The London dude said that my experience and skillset are fairly rare and much required in Europe so that is way totally mostly completely unbelievably exciting. Wooooo!

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Instrumental tp dance musi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home