Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thorin' out.

Whoa! Freakin'! Hot diddly doodily hot.

I'm working up a sweat just walking around at lunchtimes now, how cool gnarly is that?
Anywho, as fascinating as the weather is, I really wanted to write about people... in particular, star struck people.


My usual passage to work has been interrupted by dudes talkin' on their walkies. Someone has been filming something at the QUT campus that I walk through, I've been quite interested in the amount of hardcore lights and people just standing around and not so interested in what they were actually doing. There has really been some kind of filming going on sparatically for months.

Anywho, this morning I saw inside the building they've been lighting and it was filled with cool gold statues in glass boxes. I was way keen to cat burgler in and steal stuff but I was late for work so left the theft of the century for some other time.


Anywho II, there was more people loitering than usual and the catering table seemed bigger and better than ever. When I got to the bit right outside my office, I was stopped by some chick who was on traffic control. They were filming a street scene and had a whole lot of extras purposely walking around.... has anyone noticed that extras smirk a lot? The chick had 'Thor' written on her coat.

What is the story with these superhero movies moving in on my turf? I'm sure the shorts for Ghost Rider show him riding over the bridge at Southbank Melbourne. Now, when I was allowed to walk, across the street were a million kabillion people all peeking and then all went absolutely psychotic, with the screeching and the yelling and the mobile phone videoing. They were all screaming "Matthew, Matthew" and while I don't know exactly who they were talking about, but I was a bit embarrassed for them. Why do people go so nuts for famous people? I can imagine it's exciting to meet someone who you feel like you know, but to go so so nuts? I thought Australia was a bit cooler than that? I thought we were all a bit aloof and not phased when it came to this kind of junk. Shame.


How did Brisbane score a movie thing? Are these people aware there are other cities in the world?


P.S) When I'm Emperor of the world, I'm banning celebrity-inspired hysteria, banned for daggniess. BANNED!

5 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

If you work in an office which is airconditioned, don't even mention the heat/humidity to me I am liable to punch you, repeatedly.

I like a number of celebrities but would have to be carried kicking and screaming to be introduced to them, should we ever cross paths. Clearly the majority of celebrites would have no desire to mix with the general public, I don't know why people scream and cry when they see someone famous, it can only make you look less desirable to come and chat to.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jac said...

I do kinda understand the celebrity hysteria thing. I was at outside my work the other day and this dude I knew from the blogosphere walked past and said hi to me. I went totally nuts , I was so excited!

No, really....

When I was younger I was very very much into Hanson. *shame* But I would cry at the thought of meeting them, so I imagin if I were to actually meet them I would have gone insane.

Nowadays, though, I'm too cool for school. I'm so nonchalant.

But yeah - I've heard that interest the Brisbane film scene is steadily rising! Who the heck knows why~?

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Celebrities? *yawn*

i really don't get these people who go mad for celebrities and celebrity endorsed products.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger meva said...

Well, if I ever see Toady in the flesh, I'm going NUTS!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jac said...

haha I met Toady in a shopping centre when I was 13. I told him I was his biggest fan! Total bullshit. ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home