Friday, December 29, 2006

Lunch with Adam

Adam: So, Tracey, cute little Asian girl who is almost too nice and lovely, do you have any new years resolutions?
Tracey: Not really, I do want to lose some weight and get a promotion, I want to build a house and really improve my knowledge about my job. I'd like to become a much better dancer and eat a lot more healthier and ....
Adam: Whoa! Whoa! I didn't ask for a whole page. How about you Brian, Tracey's friend who I only just met right now at lunch?
Brian: Ahhh, you know, the usual, getting fit and stuff.
Tracey: Do you have any New Years resolutions Adam?
Adam: No, to have a resolution means that you admit that you have areas that need improving...
Tracey: Oh, and so you're perfect?
Adam: Not just me, boys in general tend ....
Tracey: Boys aren't perfect, in fact, you listen but you don't really hear what I'm saying, you can tell by your responses.
Adam: Wait, are you talking about me or Brian?
Tracey: Brian. You know, I often feel that on the phone you just go 'uh huh', 'yep'.

Information Office, she's serious, what's going on here?

Captain, I think I noticed earlier that when he was saying something, he may have lent over and touched her leg, they might be a couple.

Brian: But I thought I was a good listener...
Tracey: You listen, but you aren't really thinking about what I'm saying.

Captain, he's going red, he looks stunned, should we help a brother out?

Information Officer, it's a tricky one, we've never met him before, she's our friend and clearly feels strongly enough about it to sideswipe him in public like this.

Adam: I think I know what she's trying to say, sometimes I reckon Cara is actually listening to the radio when I'm telling a hilarious story...
Tracey: Yeah, your responses don't seem like you're thinking about it.
Brian: I guess it's good to know areas I can improve...
Tracey: Well, I haven't told you this before.

[AWKWARD SILENCE]

Captain, he really looks upset, should we just sprint and dive over the balcony and away to freedom? We've already paid for our food.

Sir, legs are ready for action, sir.

Brian: But, I've been told I'm a good listener.
Tracey: You are a good listener, but you don't really think about what I'm saying...

Information Officer, do something.

Adam: Well, I'm glad I brought this up, how about that sporting team?
Brian: Yeah, very glad. {MURDEROUS GLINT IN EYE}

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jen said...

"Oh, and so you're perfect?" would have been your cue to spill a drink or knock a plate over with dramatic flourish and therefore nip the conversation in the bud.

Take it for the team next time, man!!

To be fair, it's not really nice to sort or raise things like that in front of mixed company, that's the stuff normally best covered while driving some place or any other situation in which both parties can't easily escape.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Adam said...

D'Jen, you really come out with some gold!

I was totally surprised. She's a very attractive young lady but always so lovely and nice and heaps thoughtful and considerate that I thought boys must just lead her astray all the time. I had no idea she was a total killer of men.

The car you say, you do seem to way wise beyond your years D'jen.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It's the nice ones you need to be most afraid of ;)

The car is the perfect place for all manner of serious discussions for a number of reasons:

1) All parties are trapped, at least for the time being.
2) The driver needs to be looking ahead, so there doesn't have to be any serious eye balling type moments.
3) No one can get hysterical, because one is either driving and therefore still needs to control the vehicle, or because they are in a reasonably small, confined space.
4) It's a fairly intimate space, so you are able to have private conversation.

Bestie is the queen of this, she has admitted to taking her partner to the car when they have been out in public for a bit of a talking to. Lots of parents also take their kids to the car to have words when they are out shopping, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home