Sunday, December 24, 2006

Unsolicited Sympathy This Way


So yeah, I'm at work. It's Sunday. I was at work yesterday, it was Saturday. I'll be the only person on the whole project working in the 3 days between Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Am I being punished? No, lots of people had to organise a lot of things so I could have the opportunity to work.

Do I have work to do? No, not really. I have stuff I can do but it's hardly urgent.

Did I desperately want to work? Um, no.

Will I get paid overtime? No, but I will get paid for days worked, which is better than not being paid for days unworked.

So, um? Yes, exactly right. I'm here purely for political reasons, just so my department (IT) can say they are putting in an extra special effort and to prove once and for all that we are better than that other department (HR) in all things including arts and crafts and playing the guitar.

So, it's not so bad, Mich and Cara aren't arriving for a couple of days, so I didn't really have much else to do, and I am getting paid for five days which isn't going to hurt, but I nearly had to reject the whole thing for the pure retardation of it all.

'Haaaaaaarucken HR, hahaha!'

21 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Mars said...

merry chrimbo all the same ads-man... and we'll get onto the thing properly in the new year.

guts.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Thanks lady, that sounds excellente!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kris said...

That's shitty but if it makes you feel better, up until last year I had worked every Christmas and New Year's with no holiday or overtime pay either.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Adam said...

That makes me feel a little better...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jac said...

well what else do you have in your meager life other than work, really?

Oh man that was harsh. I just got pains in my chest from all that harshness.

Trawling is when you spot and keep tally of all the men you'd sleep with when in public.

Not sleep with when in public.. but you spot them when in public. You know.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jac said...

Although you might sleep with them in public. If you were a hussy.

Which I am not.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Pffft, that wasn't harsh...

C'mon Jac, you can go harsher than that. Let loose, you know you can.

If I was a girl and I was single, I reckon I'd be such a hussy. Although, thinking that all the way to conclusion I'm not sure I could trawl for dudes...

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Adam said...

... they just seem so penisy.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Mars said...

but that's what we like about them!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Is that your first comments exclamation mark ever?

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Mars said...

doubt it. actually, no. answer is: no. i exclaim frequently.

yo adam, you should add me to msn. actually, i should add you cause you don't have my email. are you the.adz?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Yes you should.

No, it's underscore '_' as in the_adz at hotmail.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Mars said...

in order to chat, you must first accept...

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Adam said...

And to accept I have to be at home... although I heard a rumour of a webmsn. Is there such a thing?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mars said...

i have no idea. it sounds like something that could exist though. gawd, i thought you were sitting on the fully operational internet. there's an URGENT MATTER i need to discuss with you. VERY URGENT. AND VERY PRIVATE.

ooh.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I can do gmail chat. That one is all webby and doesn't require so many installed programs.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Wait a second...

You're just trying to make me go home and not be at work anymore. You clever minx.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Mars said...

Minx eh. and i don't have gmail... and also, i need to go out soon now. so yeah, add me when you get home.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Adam said...

p.S) Check ur mailz.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mars said...

and then, SHE FELL ASLEEP and missed EVERYTHING.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Adam said...

You're so rockstar!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home