Thursday, December 07, 2006

A never ending story.

Cara has a very strong sense of style, it's called Looking Like Rockstars.
Adam has a very strong sense of style, it's called Must Be Able To Save The World At Any Time (should be able to run in clothes).


Since, I've been hermitting up, I haven't been looking so groovy, and the one or two cool t-shirts and short sleeve shirts I've purchased all Melbourne people have seen at various events.


So, I had a Massive Bright Idea of Awesomeness (MBIofA for short). We had no plans the day of Cara's birthday dinner party, so I thought we could go clothes shopping for me and I would refrain from going "Pfffft" everytime she pulled out something rockstary (as I may have done once or twice before).


To add to the funness, our dear friend Amber who has been AWOLOS the last couple of years was to be working during Cara's birthday so was all excited also to come along to dress me up awes.


Setting the scene: Saturday morning. Basecamp. Amber's apartment.
Amber: Hey, can Justin come, he is coming home from riding a bicycle?
(Note: Words written may not be like exactly recorded exact)
Rest of cast: Yes.

We each had a mission:
Adam = Sacraficial lamb/Soon to be Rockstar.
Cara = Coolness Finder.
Amber = Find Stupid Things for Boys to try on for entertainment of girls/store staff.
Justin = PASLEY PREVENTION PATROL (<---Most important team member)

Adam (looks out window/balcony): Hey, Amber (and/or) Justin, did you notice there is a DFO across the road?
Amber (and/or) Justin: Is that's what is going on down there?
Adam: Should we start there?
Rest of Cast: It's not very rockstarry.
Adam: Eh, it's right there.
Rest of Cast: Okay.

Setting the Scene: Saturday morning. Inside doorway of DFO.
Girls: WHOA!!
Boys: Uh oh.
Amber: Shoes, glorious shoes.
Cara: Dresses, so many dresses.
Justin: I'm scared.
Adam: Hold me.
Cara: I'm going to try on that green dress first.
Amber: Yayy! Black shoes of some type (she used better, more descriptive words that only girls understand)
Adam dressed as Riot Police: No! Adam clothes first.
Cara and Amber cry.
Adam: Keep walking.
Cara: This is torture.
Justin: Are there any mens stores?
Amber: Can't we just go into one shoe store?
Cara: Can we eat some foodcourt?
Adam: Keep walking.
Justin: Is that it? This whole place is girls clothes...
Cara: What's that down over there?
Everyone walks
Team: WHOA!!!
Adam: It's all mens stores.
Team: YAYYYY!!!
15 clothing items suggestions later.
Adam: Hmmm, no, I was thinking more like a dressy short sleeve shirt. These are all long sleeve shirts or t-shirts.
Team: We've all found many things that would be cool for any other occasion but not so much for this particular occasion.
Adam: Sigh.
Cara: Okay. This is the last store in DFO. They have all types of shirts, let's get you trying on everything.
Adam holds out arms while team puts entire store in arms.
Adam: Hi, can I try on these clothes? (Looking at sign that says '3 items only')
Staff member: no probs.
Cara: This first one is okay, but it's a bit boring.
After a million tryings on.
Cara: Uh, they are all boring, that first one was best.
Adam: Hey, what about that mannequin over there, does that look cool?
Cara: Yeeeeaaahhhhh. Excuse me store person, can we try on those clothes?
Storeperson: Sure. Except we don't have those exact pants, and not the shirt in his size.
Adam tries on substitute clothes.
Amber: Urg.
Justin: Urg.
Cara: Urg.
Adam: Sigh, I'll get the first shirt as a backup shirt.
Team eats foodcourt.
Cara: Let's try the basement at Myer, then we can also purchase a birthday cake.
Amber: Whoa! This place is cool. (Watches random girl band performing)
Justin: Do'h! It's all brown or blue shirts or pasley.
Adam: I already have brown or blue shirts.
Team is tired.
cara: Try these on.
Adam: How do I look?
Team dispondent after 4 hours of shopping: We dunno.
Adam: Cara? Do I look rockstar enough for tonight?
Cara: I dunno. What do you think?
Adam: I dunno.
Cara: I want a boyfriend that is confident enough to decide what he thinks looks good and wears it with confidence.
Adam: Dude, of course I can, but I thought you'd like a chance to get a word in, you usually seem to have a clear idea of what you like and don't like.
Cara: Sigh. I do. I just haven't seen anything today.
Amber/Justin: We have to go to work now.
Cara/Adam: Bye kids, have fun or similar.
Adam: All right. Follow me.
Smaller but feistier team goes through many stores.
Adam: Nope, nope, nope.
Team ends up in RDX (Roger David Extreme - I kid you not)
Adam: Hmmm, all these shirts are brown and blue again. What's up with this burg? Hey Cara, what about the dude on that poster, does he look rockstar?
Cara: Yeah, he looks hot. Storeperson, can we try on those clothes?
Storeperson: Yes, but we don't have that jacket in any size but extra large.
Adam tries on substitute clothes.
Cara: Urg.
Adam: Grumblegrumblegrumble.
Adam: Okay, new plan, I'll try and groovy up the boring black backup shirt.
Cara: Yay, that looks okay, let's get cake and go home.
Adam/Cara: Phew, we are exhausted... too exhausted for birthday dinners tonight?

Setting the scene: Adam/Cara's house. 10 minutes until taxi arrives.
Cara: ARRRGGHHH! We're late and my hair looks crap.
Adam: ARRRGGHHH! We're late and these clothes look retarded.
Cara: Um, yeah, sorry dude.
Adam: It's okay, I'll fix it (said with gusto and also ideas).

Setting the scene: 4am Sunday morning.
Cara: Whoa! I loved my birthday party.
Adam: Yayy! People told me you looked hot.
Cara: Whoa! Two people told me you looked hot.
Borat: High Five!

Setting the scene: Lunch on Monday with Mich, Amber, Cara, Adam, Justin.
Amber: How was Saturday night?
Adam/Cara: Yayyy! We loved it.
Adam: P.S) I didn't actually end up wearing anything we bought on Saturday.
Justin: Ha ha ha {MURDEROUS GLINT IN EYE}

17 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jac said...

DFO is a dangerous black hole.

Next time, shop somewhere real and you might find something okish.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Adam said...

We were inadequately prepared.

We really needed ropes and oxygen for the girls.

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam has a very strong sense of style, it's called Must Be Able To Save The World At Any Time (should be able to run in clothes).

Maybe if you didn't wear your undies on the outside you'd look more rockstarrish.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you had fun or similar.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh - If i had the dedication and resources I'd TOTALLY get a "Can we eat some foodcourt?" tshirt made up!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

DFO is one of the best places ever.

Taking boys to DFO is a whole other ball game though. Trying to restrict me in a shopping center will normally lead to tears and they are almost never mine.

Maybe shop online for some awesome tshirts and stuff, I reccomend Threadless.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger kiki said...

she live in the city?

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Meva, you are so right.

Cara's birthday was the first time I didn't wear my undies on the inside and outside and not only did it cut down on washing but people thought I looked a bit alright...

It just doesn't seem like me though.

Enny, you are in for a treat. Brisbanetown is the master of the foodcourts. There's like 12 on Queens st here.

D'Jen, I'm not sure we've ever seen this tough side of you. I think I like it. I had to be so strict on those girls, it was the toughest thing I've ever had to do. T-shirts were really plentiful, even way cool ones, but I wanted a shortsleeve shirt that wasn't boring. Is that too much to ask DFO?!? Is it?!??

Keeks, Spencer St man, god knows why the city needs one.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Shopping is one of my fundemantals, I am a fairly nice, go with the flow kind of gal but there are certain things I just won't stand for.

So far, I have worked out being restrained in my shopping, having been forgotten after making plans with a person and being made to look stupid to friends behind my back as being some of those things.

Mess with me and I can make one wish they weren't born, if the circumstance calls for it :)

P.S This is why I do not shop with boys willingly.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Jac said...

You're all crazy - DFO is filled with stuff they couldn't sell in season cos it was CRAP! I hate having to sift through all the ugly ugly clothes in order to find something decent.

I just don't have the patience for that.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Mars said...

this was also a fairly decent post

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger GBE said...

GBE reading Adam's post: Woah!

How cool is it that Borat attended Cara's birthday party? Answer: Very Cool.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Lulu, Myer just had browns, blues and black shortsleeve shirts in like cool groovy styles. They had other colours but they were in Dad styles.

Hey, both D'Jen and Keeks have managed to track down a photo of me using myspace, do you have the mad skillz Lulu?

D'Jen, I'm so paying Enny or a random dude 3 dollars to cross you. I really want to see what happens!! Too excited!

Jac, yeah, I quite agree... although I'm starting to think that the numerous DFOs aren't quite the factory outlets they used to be, I reckon they are just starting to be normal stores. There is heaps of them now...

Mars, that was a ripsnorter of a comment. Keep up the good work.

Way Woah! GBE. Borat loved it, especially when a Big Issue guy came in to the resturant and sold everyone magazines during dinner... he took that little jem back to Khazikstan.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Adam said...

By 'jem' I obviously meant 'Big Issue Seller Guy'.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

DFO (far flung outer suburb of Melbourne branch) is the only place to go for men's shoes. Also excellent for Villa and Hut chai tea and the all important criteria of proximity to small airports.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^ far flung, eh?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Deb said...

haha I love the cameo apperance by borat...

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Mars, are you being anonymous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home