Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Brand New and Improved Year.

...and a top o' the new year to you dudes and chicks, I do hope it was a bit alright.

The ladeez and I travelled down to Byron Bay for the pashfest that is New Years.

Now, I personally can't wrangle too much excitement out of that one night, since everyone is so desperate that it be The Very Best Night Ever. I'd almost rather go out every night but.

That said, we had a great time. Byron didn't have the big raves of yesteryear that close off the town, so we were able to drive in, park, hang at the beach all day and then dress up and drink up.

I designated driver'd up so I accidentally had more lemonade than I have ever, ever had. I was nearly hungover on sugar before midnight. None of us got trashed, it was a bit packed at the bars so it was actually too hard to drink too much, which works.

The place we went to was great. It is exactly called The Byron Hotel or the Balcony or the Beach House or something - it was full enough to be fun and friendly but you could totally grab a quiet spot when the crowd got a bit much. The music was totally daggy dancy 'I like big butts and I cannot lie' which can be a whole bit of fun on The Very Best Night Ever and when the crowd was daggied out, live music took the stage. The band was called True Live - hip hop with an orchestral string section and they were brilliant. Freakin'.

In other news:
Adam = Survivor.
I've survived the 7 Days of Mich, but not, bah, completely unscathed. I'm not sure that we'll be good friends furthermore. I totally like her one on one, but around everyone else, I just find her dishonest to everyone and to herself and so I now rate myself : OD'd.

In way groovier news:
Adam = Fully Awesome.
The other dude in our gang of nine asked, no, demanded, no, actually just asked that he teach me to skim board. Skimboarding is where you chuck a smooth board on a centimetre of water and then jump on it and slide along. Think socks on a shiny floor.
I tried it for a bit and I sucked more than the suckiest sucker that ever did suck. Then later I tried again and, impossibly, I sucked even more. The next day I tried again and I was the best skim boarding dude the world ever did see. Seein' my sweet skimmin' skills, I said I was 'bodacious to the max', the ninja turtles said I was a 'cowabunga' and Cara said I did 'very well'. You can't get bigger praise than that, my friends, you just can't.

For New Years Resolutions I'm going to make the following changes:
- Teach myself Parkour.
- Replace offensive sentences that I say like 'Those Citizens of a Different Birthplace Whom Share Our One Beautiful World' with 'darkies', etc.
- Read either more or less blogs - still undecided.

8 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger i said...

we were totally at the same hotel! :P

true live rocked my world - im about to duck out to lunch and buy their album!

the only thing i didn't like about the night was the dj that can only push play! i mean come on! i've only just recently gotten some decks for mixing and i can do better than that!!!

apart from that i had a blast .. told my housemate i was in love with her.. got sunburnt.. drank copious amounts of beer and ate some fantastic food!

feeling a little sorry for myself back at work but it was definately a fun night! :P

iain.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger meva said...

Parkour, eh? Will you become Spider Man? I actually passed some dude driving down the freeway in a truck who was wearing a Thor outfit.

And never make a new year resolution that you can't break before lunchtime. It's my motto.

Have a great year, Adam!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I totally LOVE Byron, I would adore to just drop out of the world and live there in a little cottage and walk along the beach every day.

I'm so glad to hear it wasn't a big one, Byron would is so much nicer without the massive crowd.

Skimboarding is pretty tough, I never realised it had a name, I thought it was just something you did while playing with a boggie board on the beach.

Glad you had a charming NYE!!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Happy new year!!!

I can't believe you were designated driver!!! To me that's completely insane but it sounds like you had a fun night despite the OD'ing on lemonade.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Hi Adam, Happy New Year buddy! Here's to a fantastic 2007!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Happy Freakin' New Year Duuudddee!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

infinity car insurance
agent car company home insurance life quote rate
new york car insurance
churchil
l car insurance

online car insurance rate
norwich union car insurance
best car insurance company
best car insurance quote
compare car insurance
buy car insurance online
best car insurance
budget car insurance
car insurance los angeles
car insurance for woman
car insurance san diego
car insurance
discount car insurance
car insurance coverage
car insurance rats
budget car insurance
car insurance rating
cheapest car insurance
state farm car insurance
buy car insurance
car insurance quote
fresno car insurance
car
insurance philadelphia

mercury car insurance
car insurance canada
antique car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
cheap car insurance uk

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In debt? consumer credit site offers help for bill consolidation loan and other consumer debt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home