Thursday, October 12, 2006

Call me.....

a dunderhead.

clueless.

an emu + head in sand.

an inept, uninformed, miseducated cad.

a dude w/o mad skillz.

I didn't know until nowish that Queensland didn't participate in daylight savings. How would I, it's not like I make an effort to inform myself of current events, world happenings or time zone oddities?

I was booking flights for various parties and EP launches when I noticed the reason QLD adds "The Smart State" to it's automobile number plates. From Sunday the 29th, I'll never want to fly to Melbourne again, nor even talk to anyone from there.

Fly to Melbourne = 3 hours.
Boooooo, Melbourne sucks, I'm not going there.

Fly to Brisbane = 1 hour.
Yayyyyyy! Sunshine and almost instant travel.

I do understand that this may not be daylight savings at all. It could be that the domestic airlines are basing all their superturboawesomecharged planes in Melbs and all their dodgy brothers slowpoke planes in Brisb. I'll find out.

I reckon my Melbites will start to fly up just to watch a movie with me or grab a drink, it'll take 'em no time to rock up. I can't wait for summer.

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I fucking can't stand that winter is coming. See in the great state of Ohio there is 3 seasons...winter, almost winter, and construction.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger kiki said...

'the smart state'???

all people do is drink XXXX and play rugby league. i'd hardly call either of those 'smart'

i'll call you during summer, when i'm sitting on my porch at 10pm in the (fading) sunshine. whilst you'll be in darkenss...

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Adam said...

What about wabbit season?

No thanks Keeks, I'll be asleep well before 10 after getting up every morning when the sunshine blazes in at 4.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hahahaha!

What a dick.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Adam said...

That wasn't one of the options.

Now that you can create your own people you just reckon you can do whatever the heck you like.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

And a rockin up she will go....

In two weeks time to be precise.

Yay!!!!!

SO damn excited :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home