Thursday, October 05, 2006

Can someone say, Canadialian?

Hi, is this the infamous travelling Jessie from www.yikes.ca?
How are you today?


Good thanks!


So, for those of us that are relatively new to the world of Yikes and don't have time to read entire paragraphs, can you summerise your entire life into 7 words or less?

School, typography obsessed, zamboni, bloviate, long plane rides, frequent boughts of gas…is that 7?


So, most of us are confused. The young lady in the hair photo and Squinty McSquinterson don't look like they could possibly be the same person. Are you leading a quadruple life?

Squinty McSquinterson had a bad head cold and was suffering from an extreme lack of sleep due to sleeping in the same bedroom as her grandparents. Hair Photo Lady had just come from the coiffeur and her hair looked lovely and straight. Also, the pic was slightly out offocus. Reality is somewhere in between the two.


Your blog has almost been going for two years... will there be a massive party (a celebratory one not a political one)?

Nah, I am going to sacrifice a virgin or two. All are welcome.


Have you decided what you're going to do with your life or is bum in times square still looking like the best option?

My plan is to write the pivotal novel for my generation. So in other words, I'll be working at Starbucks.


Would you dispute that the best line in your entire blog was a recent one? "try to rob a convenience store before going to emergency and you'll be treated faster"

I would dispute that, yes, but I am too lazy to search through my old posts and find one that is better.


Is there anything in Australia you still need to do but are worried that you may run out of time?

Well I really wanted to dry-hump Crocodile Dun Dee but then I realized he isn't a real person. In all seriousness though, I wanted to get back to Sydney for a weekend but it doesn't look like that willhappen.


How did you get possibly the coolest blog website address in the whole entire world (also including the moon, halley's commet, etc)?

My Dad is a big Internet nerd and he owns a whole whack of domain names. I had been blogging for a while and decided I wanted my own domain and that was the coolest sounding one that he had. Lame story, huh? OK, actually, I was teleported into the Internet and I fought the evil…um…domain name gremlins for seven days and seven nights until they gave me yikes.ca.


How is the whole password thing going for you? Whoa! If I had clicked on your link for the first time even one day later, you wouldn't be getting the extra awesome/incomprehensible comments you currently endure? Do you ponder this daily?

Well the main reason why I decided to password protect my blog is because it is not anonymous and I do not want future potential employers googling my name and reading it. I hope to maybe remove the password after I go back home and get a real job. Otherwise, it is working pretty well, I will pretty much give the password to anyone who emails me and asks for it. And yes, Adam, I do ponder that daily.
Um, yeah cough.


Can you invent something way groovy please?

No.


May I please ask, is randomness one of your favourite things?

I don't know that it is the sort of thing that can be classified as a favourite "thing", rather it is just this omnipresent force in mylife.


Thanks for your time young Jessie, do you have any words to leave us by?

No worries mate. Don't pee on the electric fence and call your mom.

6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Since my blog turned one a couple of weeks ago, maybe tonight I'll go out and prowl around for a few virgins to sacrifice.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Whoa! Can we have a virgin gathering party prior to the virgin sacraficing party?

Where do you find virgins these days? Certainly not in bloggerland, nor at Catholic Girls schools or shopping centres...

The convent?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Deb said...

hey dude - pics are up ;)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Jessie B said...

Actually, I dont think there are any more virgins. Maybe I will sacrifice a bottle of wine instead. :-D

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Deb said...

So how was the salsa dude?

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I didn't get there...

I'm going tonight though, totally, totally!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home