Friday, September 29, 2006

grumpy today

Reason why today I'm an ogre on the inside.

I found a grey hair and I'm sure my hair is thinner up top than it was yesterday.


Reason why today I have a face resembling a cats bum.

I found out that the money I was hoping to get that was going to finally burst me out of the clutches of debt is not only not coming, but I've actually been given an advance so the next one isn't going to bursting nothing neither.


Reason why today there is one dark black cloud contrasting with the sunny happy blue sky.

My entire team was on holidays earlier this week and I finally in control and getting things done, now that the team is back, that work has been taken off me and I've got nothing to do.


Reason why today I'm bringing 8 kinds of scowling.

The last couple of months I've been bored out of my brain because I've been concentrating on fixing my computery RSI, saving moola, getting fit, other things and not only have I not been allowed to do much I enjoy or want to put effort in, I've seen no progress in any of those areas. Mucho frustrato.


Reason why my face has made babies cry and dogs howl.... in other suburbs.

I've tried like, 4 different salsa dance classes and they all have far too many boys and spent half the class standing out looking dagus.


Reason why my knuckles are whiter than a polar bear wearing SPF30 in a blizzard.

I don't get invited to too many things I'm excited about, but I've got two on this weekend and Cara has bugged outta both of them. I don't need her there to have fun at all, but it's this sorta stuff (and some other bits) that makes me think she's in this deal because I make her life awesome and not because she's interested in me or my stuff.


Reason why I'm shaking like a bottle rocket before take off.

My work mates have decided I'm going to teach them beginner salsa at my place on tuesday night before they attempt a class, and I'm over my team leader having great ideas and always pushing them onto other people to actually do (not work stuff, stuff for her parents, partner, etc) and I think I might have other, funner plans... but these workmates are catty, overly emotional and hold grudges.


Reason why Snoop Dogg would say I was 'livid in my schizzid wizzit'.

I have no food in my house (I didn't buy any because I'm going to Melbourne for 3 days) and so I've had the exact same sandwich at the exact same shop yesterday and today, but I paid more for it today.


Reason why I make the angry, rampaging Incredible Hulk look like a cub scout meticulously tying his scarf with a woggle.

I can't find my watch. It is brown. It would match my shoes today.

27 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Awww ya poor thing. We all have sucky days like that.
Look towards the weekend and hopefully get some R and R.

chin up :)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Adam said...

thanks luv

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Oh Adam! Isn't it time you came back to Sydney so we could all get wildly drunk together?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Deb said...

oh. my. god.

OMG!



You SALSA?! A boy who isn't afraid to learn a few dance steps?! Be still my beating heart!!

I was so surprised when you mentioned salsa I forgot to read the rest of your post!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Ahhh beer. The cause of and solution to all the worlds problems.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Deb said...

ok! Read it.

Your workmates sound scary! :o

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Deb said...

wait wait wait!
You ARE a boy, aren't you?? :P

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hell yeah Deb! I can carve up the dancefloor and make the ladies swoon as good as any of my latino brothers.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Deb, hell yes.

I'm an awesome boy!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Salsa + Adam = TOTALLY awesome boy

I always wanted to learn to salsa - to the point where I signed up for a 6 week course (at tafe), only to discover everyone else in the course were in couples and I had to dance with the scary midget teacher. Not a fun way to learn to salsa.

Have you checked out Latin X?

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Heh, you do make me laugh.

No, I had never heard of Latin X till now. It looks pretty cool, I might just give it a go next week! Whoooo!

Deb, you should totally try salsa, there are heaps of classes around and they desperately need girls. Even girls with cats attached to their inner elbows.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Deb said...

*gasp*

How did you find out about that?!
Come on, who told you?! DAMNIT, I KNEW I should have picked a different profile pic.

I LOVE SALSA!! And the latin dancing scene in bris is actually pretty big! You can find out about all the events on their yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Brisbane_Salsa

The only reason I didn't stick with it is coz I used to be a shift worker, and I couldnt go to the same class each week, and coz I was going solo, I found it really hard to make friends... so I kinda gave up.

Now I have every Monday night free (Latin X Holland Park) but no moolah to pay for it... i am so pathetic lol

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It sounds like you've had a crap day, and I totally understand why you're in a foul mood.

I'm sorry Cara doesn't want to go to the fun things you've been invited to. My Ex was a huge party pooper like that, it used to drive me insane.

P.S Deb, you have CATS in your inner elbows?! You're going to be way easy to pick when we have lunch!! :P

I am also in disbelief that there are classes with lots of boys and hardly any girls. I should go and learn to dance, but I'm shy and very unco.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Oh Adam, I'm sure you can make the ladies swoon for all sorts of reasons :p

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Lucky it's a long weekend! Sounds you like you need at least one million beers to take the edge off!

Did you fly down to Melbs last night? My Dad's 4pm flight finally left BrisVegas at 6.30pm. If your flight was delayed too it may have tipped you over the edge.......hahaha.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jessie B said...

Sorry ABOUT THE WATCH, dude, that blows. Also sorry about the all-caps I just typed but I am not feeling well enough to go back and correct. HOW sad is that?

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Enny said...

I CAN COMMENT!!!!

*hugs* for the rough time - I can secretary for YOU of that'll help?! ;o)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Let's try that again...

Dude, I'm very sorry to hear that it's all been a bit crapful. The good news is that it hasn't made you any less funny. That polar bear line was gold.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Some news from Latin X in case you're interested ;)

...

*Salsa Shines and Styling course at Holland Park Studio *

Want to learn how to do individual Salsa shines and look stylish on the dance floor? Then join our 5 week Shines & Styling course! Starts TONIGHT- Monday 2nd October from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. Cost $40ea for 5 weeks or FREE if your a current Monthly Member!

* Latin X Dance Party *

You have been hanging out for the next Latin X Dance Party, and here it is! The ‘Here come the Drums’ Dance Party will be held on Saturday 21st October at the Polish Club, Marie St Milton. Doors open at 7pm with a FREE lesson at 7:30pm. Then the night will kick off with a great LIVE Afro-Cuban Drumming demo and performances from the Award winning Latin X-Troop & LX Funk Team… DJ Muzza will be pumping out great tunes to get you up on the floor! Tickets are only $12ea prepaid and on Sale NOW. Don’t miss out




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Logan Central Classes*
As of Wednesday 13th September, our Wednesday classes have moved! Our new home is the Logan Central Community Centre, Cnr Wembley & Jacaranda Ave Logan Central (big dark brown brick building). All classes remain the same (Kids Funk: 5:15pm, X-Funk: 6:15pm, Latin 7:00pm) See you at Logan!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* New Studio Locations *
2 New Latin X locations: Springfield, every Monday night, Gymnasium of Woodcrest College, 38 Nev Smith Dr Springfield. Social Latin class from 7pm. Let your friends know and come along fellas!

Northgate, every Sunday night from 6pm Northgate Town Hall, Scott St, Northgate.

Now Latin X has 7 locations! No excuses now, see you at our new hot-spots!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Whoa! Thanks kids, you all rock!

Deb, you're a superstar.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Mars said...

You came to Melbourne?

YOU CAME TO MELBOURNE!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger that girl said...

Good to see you back Adam..I've missed your comments on my blog. I feel your pain on the watch thing.

Salsa dancing..sounds interesting and tasty. lol. How about some TANGo to go with it..HAHA I kill me *ugh so lame*

hope you have a better tommorrow :)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Young Mars,

Of course I went to Melbourne, where else would I fly?

I do realise, however, that your capitalisation is due mostly to upsetness at not having any Adam funness over the weekend, but with two birthdays, a grand final party and a wedding, I had no time for a sun scorched planet or chocolate bar.

That girl, you know what makes that joke even lamer? We don't even have Tang in Australia... good thing we do have American sitcoms or the amount of that girl references I would understand:

None.

I got my watch back! When I went to melbourne because my friend Amber arrived from France, we all went back to a friends house who was letting her and her boyfriend stay and I left it there. It actually sat on the kitchen bench for weeks because each couple thought it belonged to the boy of the other couple.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger that girl said...

:( sorry I don't use more Aussie references. WE don't get any Aussie sitcoms here. So sometimes I have no idea what the Aussie bloggers are talking about either lol.

Actually I have never had tang. All I know about it is that astronauts drank it in space and its kinda gross.

What is the deal with Vegimite?

love that girl.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Vegemite is just a big practical joke that got a little out of hand.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you taken the right vitamin lately? Is your body answering that question right now? Shocking truth about why this whole food vitamin has set a new standard! This can improve your quality of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home