Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Goosey loosey

I got a large chocolate frog today for not being a criminal.

It's a bit of a shame, I do like adding things to my resume and 'criminal' would have sit nicely beside 'IT Ninja'. The upside though, is that I got chocolate and I get to keep my job doing computer stuff with all sorts of boring yet private government information.

Anywho, the point of this post wasn't to brag about my non-criminal status, but in filling out the forms ('Have you murdereddeathkilled many people?' 'Not so many') I had to list all my addresses in the last 10 years and the dates lived therein.

My head exploded with the hardness of the task.

Having finished the forms, I now know that I've lived in 11 places in the last 10 years, and I worked out later 15 different houses since I was born. I think this is why I've never been real into stuff, I'd just have to move it anyway. When Cara and I moved into our current house, my stuff was transported via Toyota Echo while hers was transported by many cars and a removalist truck. Since we've been there we've been updating many furnitures all of which I've paid for, but if we broke up I'd probably give to her because that'll keep my wandering soul freer.

In closing, I would like to surmise that kids in blogland are more trasient than most - I might take out the title for Blogger State Whore, but can anyone beat me to the title of Blogger Movin' Junkie?

7 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

15 houses is amazing.

I've lived on one house for 22.5 years and another for about 5 months, and that's it.

I have lots of stuff, I can survive without the vast majority of it, but because I've been so settled for almost all my life I have been able to save lots of sentimental little things (and I'm particularly sentimental).

You could also add "non-criminal" to your resume, as someone who might employ someone one day, it's a quality I'd be looking for.

P.S Your title as Blogger Movin' Junkie is totally safe, at least from me anyways.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger kiki said...

i moved all my stuff (bar bed) on the back seat of a ford laser - no boot usage

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jessie B said...

Everything I own fits in two suitcases. I don't even own furniture anymore, as I sold it before I moved to Oz. I like the idea of owning even less stuff - nomad-ness for moi.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Mars said...

I've moved 9 times in ten years.. i was going at a rate and racking up the moves a couple of years ago, but things have slowed down this last year or two.

Amazingly, i have a fair bit of stuff too. I'd like to consolidate, but who can be bothered. It all fits in one room, that's good enough.

I'd like to be a free spirit with nothing but the clothes on my back and a good story, but don't think it suits me.. yet..

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Cherry! said...

I had to do the same thing the other day. Got too hard after circa 6 addresses. After that I lied and put down my parents address for a few years so I could stop thinking. I can't even remember how many houses I've lived in since I moved out of home, but I think I could probably give you a damn good run for your money for sure.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Not only am I the Bloggolympics Champion of the World, but I think I might be the Blogger Movin' Junkie as well.

From 1975 to 2000 I've lived at 26 different addresses; and one of those was for 16 years straight.

I'll be in my trailer when you decide to bring me my trophy (I'm between houses at the moment, you see).

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Melba said...

i think i'd be a contender as well. 25 distinct places in 22 years, but there was some to'ing and fro'ing.

for full report see
http://melbgirltakeonthings.blogspot.com/2005/11/horror-horror.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home