Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This afternoon I fly to Melbourne to join the welcoming gang for Amber. Amber is flying in from London with her Canadian boyfriend Justin whom none of us have met. Amber has been living in Canada and France for the past 3 years and I've missed her more than I can say. She and I have always had a bond based on funness and I've loved her since that very, very first moment. She's a girl that I can be stupid with, and she's one of the few people that has as much energy as I do. I'm always surprised with how high regard she holds me and I've always felt a bit bad for various boyfriends she's had that get ignored as soon as I rock up... but still it's not often you find people as stupid as you. Cara and her have always gotten along perfectly from the start and we've been looking after Amber's dog since she left. That was the wet doggy in the photos of that other post.


Sammy called me last night, she's going to meet me at the domestic airport when I arrive and we'll hang out for the hour or so before Amber arrives. She and Amber left for their big adventure together, I'm not sure Amber knows she's here. She was always crazy chirpy and she kinda wasn't at all on the phone last night, but she did just wake up so I might be reading too much into it.

There was some stuff before she left that I forgot about. Sam and I were way close and did heaps together, but we were part of a fairly massive gang, and one of our friends was also very close to Sam as well. Although they had various boyfriends and girlfriends and whatever, they very much loved each other as well, and once the 3 of us spent a AFL grandfinal on a bit of a pub crawl. It was all very hilarious and funness, but by the end of the day I was very much the third wheel. Which is cool, except something changed between Sam and I, she didn't find me as fun or as funny anymore and sensing this, I withdraw a bit. Last night's phone call was a bit like that, she was like, kinda playful but more just being polite and not really interested in talking to me, despite specially arranging to meet.

So, I think I'll put an effort to be more gentle with her than I used to be, until I see exactly where it's all at.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Steph said...

when you have a large group of friends the dynamics are always changing and shifting.

Within my supertard crew, I've had falling outs, been closer to some, and then to others, and some I don't have anything in common with at all anymore but we're still friends.

It can be tricky, and it takes a lot of work to keep the individual friendships alive.
well worth it in the end though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home