Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday Weekend Wrapup

I kinda forget that I should tell stories about my life in this blog thing.

Then I read someone like Sarah or DelightfulJen and think 'whoa, I wish I had a blog so I can write way amusing stories of my life', then today I was thinking 'only people with access to internet all the time like me could have a way cool blog' and just now I was thinking 'guys like me?' , 'whoa! I'm a guy like me.' (Thoughts provided were not real thoughts)

So.
Here I am.
Seems nice.

Anywho, what to talk about, what to say...
Um, this weekend I did some stuff....

Actually, I did freakin' heaps of stuff, flew down to the Melbs for the weekend and totally got roped into being a phone volunteer for Triple R community radio station for like, 12 hours. It was their radiothon (where people pledge money rather than have it run ads) and I got to talk to a trillion if not a million people. On the Friday night it was all homies in nightclubs callin' - between the 'peace bra, aha aha' and the doof doof on the phones and a different but similar doof doof inside the studio/phone room I may not have gotten everyone's address exact. Sorry radio station, if you get evicted you can stay at my place (in Melbourne).

All day Saturday we phone volunteered again, except we could hear, and the people was way nice, and I got interviewed on the radio and my photo was taken and I might be famouser soon. Sorry to all those people who accidentally were misquoted. Sometimes I heard 'postal address is in Northcote' but my hand wrote '...wants to say on air that Adam rocks' or 'Cara is a hoe'.

Saturday night Cara had to rehearse with her band which was a bummer because I had a friend down from Sydney who was expecting all sorts of excellent entertainment. He hasn't met any of my friends so I organised the funness. Unfortunately, because it was a cold and/or dreary night the funness couldn't make it. All pulled out but one. My friend Mich and I have a way too close friendship, to the point where the Sydneyers totally thought she was my girlfriend and I had been making up this Cara the whole time. It was a nuffer night, Mich wasn't really interested in hangin' with ma homies, I was hilarious, they were hilarious, they didn't believe a word I said and we (read: I) may have accused the mother/daughter team running a popular nightspot of coming up with such a story to hide the fact they are secret lovers. I also would like to apologise for calling my friend's brand new girlfriend the following names at various points throughout the night: cradle snatcher, whore, hoey hoebag, sugamama, deadbeat, grifter, sluttybags and lawyer. I'm also sorry that your secretary heard all our drunken messages on your work phone on Monday morning, MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN ME YOUR BUSINESS CARD TO PROVE YOU ARE A LAWYER.

Sunday was the whole reason I flew down to Melbs, my friend's 30th birthday. I'm sorry Louise, our friendship cannot continue. No one over the age of 30 should be trusted and should probably be boiled down and have their nutrients extracted and provided free to rest of humanity. P.S) see you in three weeks for your wedding. P.P.S) Sorry, our friendship can't continue. Married people can't be trusted....

Then, I came back to Brisbane. During the weekend a google of people asked me how Brisbane was, I may have been too cheerful and sunshine happy in my description. I might not be welcome in Melbourne.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It's interesting you had thought that about reading my blog, I tend to think I would sway people away from blogging because mine is so boring.

Going to a different state on a weekend is very exciting. Melbourne particularly, I'm kind of disappointed you didn't go and hang out with all the cool blog girls down there (Dot/Mars etc). I love Melbourne, it's so much more exciting than Brisbane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home