Thursday, July 27, 2006

What, just what, is the delight of Brisb?

Hi, is this the Delightful Jen from http://delightfuljen.blogspot.com/? How are you today?

Of course it's me, how many other Jens who are also delightful could there be? Today I am feeling rather chuffed, I think I am still basking the glow of my own awesomeness after my killer presentation yesterday, and Thursday is my Friday. What's to be unhappy about?



Is it true you are a worker bee and a study bee and a blogger bee? When do you sleep?

It is true that I work part time, study full time and that blog fairly consistently, however study is a term which I'd say loosely describes what I do. While I am enrolled full time in an internal university course, I don't do a lot of actual studying. I sleep at night time, like normal folks. I am actually a sissy girl who needs at least six hours a night to feel human, no all nighters for me.



So, not only do you seem delightful, but your comments and posts also give the impression that you are lovely. Is this a complex hoax to get us to vote you Lord President of Australia in order to successfully wrest control of Channel 9? That's pretty messed up, if you just asked I would have given you the money to buy it (ie, cheaper for cash?).

I am so pleased you think I am not only delightful but also lovely. How nice of you! I hate to admit it, but this is just me. I wasn't even aware I was creating that impression. However if you still want to elect me Lord President of Australia, I won't complain, I've always felt I've been destined for greatness. I'm also very flattered you'd give me money to buy control of Channel 9, I think I would just be happy having the title of Lord President, I'll leave the actual controlling to you.



For those of us new to the delightfulness of Jen, are you new to Brisb?

No, I have been here since day one.



For your way cool presentation, you claimed that being prepared and knowing your subject matter inside out was the secret to your success? That post didn't make much sense until I transposed the words 'being prepared' with 'wielding the Furious Axe of Zeus' and 'knowing our subject matter' with 'plundering and pillaging'. Are you aware that violence isn't always the answer?

Being the biggest pacifist I know, I am keenly aware that violence isn't the answer. Manipulation and mind tricks however, might be.



If someone was new to Brisbane, what should they see that is cool?

Other than me, of course? Brisbane is really kind of boring so there is not a great deal to really enjoy. The best place ever to eat is at Wagamama in the Valley. They are just a chain of restaurants which are in all capital cities, but their sweet potato chips are just about the best thing ever. The Queen Street Mall is also worth seeing, even if it's just for the emo migration which seems to occur daily from around lunch time. The Valley Markets are also pretty cool, but I have not been there for ages, so I'm sorry if they have become boring.



How many times have you been married and in which countries?

Yet to be married, much to the disappointment of many friends and relatives. I was proposed to in Bali, when I was on holidays in Grade Six, that was pretty wrong. Unfortunately, that's been my only proposal to date.



Is delightfulness a decision or has it been thrust upon you by your character? Can you be delightful and still have fire in your belly?

As I mentioned before, I was never really quite aware that I was actually seen as delightful. I think it is part a conscious decision to be a nice person where possible, but most of it is just me. I kind of wonder if I had called myself NastySkankJen if people would still have been aware of any delightfulness? I think it's very easy to be delightful with fire in your belly, it's very easy to be focused and make things happen whilst being mindful of your actions involving others.



What will you be doing at 11:17am Thursday June 20th 2009?

If we were to look at past behaviour as a predictor of my future behaviour, I dare say I will still be at uni. However, if things actually go to plan (though I am yet to sort out the finer details of the 'plan') I will be rich and famous, and swanning around somewhere cool.



Your blog is probably most like a diary that I've seen. Were you always a diary journal writer? What made you blog up?

I didn't really intend for my blog to turn our diary-like, I think I just tend to blog about the stuff I know and do. I will never be someone who tackles the big, controversial or political issues. I enjoy blogs who cover that stuff, but it's just not me. I've never kept a diary before, but I have started (and deleted) a number of blogs before because I always got discouraged because no one ever read them. This time I just decided to blog because I like doing it, and comment on the blogs I like to read, and turns out people seem to like reading mine. I love that I have people who keep coming back, it makes it so much more fun.



What is nutrametics thing? Will it totally make you a deadset famous teacher, ie, famouser than Robin Williams and Liam Neeson?

The Nurtimetics stuff is essentially like Avon, but more expensive and nicer. It's just a way I hope to generate a little extra income so I can maintain the lifestyle I like. Being a poor student isn't always fun. I dare say that if I was to become famous, it won't be from teaching. Teachers don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve, but I won't get on that soap box right now :) If you are after cosmetics or skincare products though, I'm your girl.



Thank you so much for this interview, do you have any way groovy words to leave us bye?

Well mostly I can't really believe you choose to interview me, much less thank me for it. Thank you, Adam, this has been such fun! I love reading about other people, and it seems I have a couple of people who enjoy me too. Hooray for everyone!

5 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Awww, it looks like no one else other than me thinks I'm cool.

Oh well.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I'm sure that's not it, I reckon they've read this interview and said

"WHOA!! I'm going over to her blog right now to hang out!! WHOA!!"

and not even waited one millisecond to leave a comment for you.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The overuse of the word delightful is just delightful.

Hi Jen! You appear cool.

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! nissan truck http://www.services-incorporation.info Pete carlsons golf divorce advice Isuzu trucks Downside of plastic surgery Remove password from content watch Installing alltel dsl webmaster affiliate program childrens toys Swimsuits ladies Linksys etherfast cable ionamin zoloft side effects Hot sexy teens movies sunday january 29 article skype phone story fluoxetine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home