Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pre-laugh

Now, I don't want to be all crotchety in ya grill, but I have a complaint to raise with y'all.

Dear People of the World,

While there is nothing as quite endearing as a good hearty laugh, I'm getting quite over so many people's use of the fill in laugh. Tall people, short people, big people and small people - but not all people- find it necessary to release a small titter or even a chuckle before or after they say something.

I first come to the realisation of this phenomenon when I was hanging out with a young lady that would actually laugh after every single thing she said (unless she was telling off her kid). It totally started to grate, I can't hang out with her anymore. This lady would full on cack herself after commenting "I just came back from the shops". Cack herself, after everything she said. There is just no reason for that kind of behaviour.

I've noticed it more and more and now the office admin chick at work does it - laughs after everything she says.

It's not jolly, it's nervous or a filler or something.

To all offenders: Stop it. Stop it now.

Have a nice day.
Kind regards,
Adam.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Mars said...

That's pretty strange. I love the forced fake laugh you hear around the office all the time. It quite seriously makes me want to puke.

I find i do something different... other than actually laugh, i just state 'that's funny' when i find something amusing. This was only pointed out to me recently, and it's pretty true. I mean, i do laugh... but i definitely just say things are funny rather than laugh a lot too. Weird, non?

PS I totally didn't delete your comment!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Man I'm glad I found your blog about funniest videos. It's a good bit of information on funniest videos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home