Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Na na na na na na na BACK SCHOOL!

There are many reasons why I don't post very often, here they are in list format:

  1. My job doesn't type much, it's more of a mouse clicking job.
  2. I'm not entertaining nor do I have anything interesting or informative to say.
  3. My sense of humour is more reactionary, which is why I can fill you with mirth in the comments sections of your own blogs rather than post up a storm.
  4. The RSI in my hands does not make me not want to type much not. Especially in triple negative format.

So, in order to fix up the triple negative/rsi that rues my life, I've decided to go to Back School.
I'm already going to a Natrapath who is doing the Bowen Technique on my hands and fixing up my own healing ability and resistance to inflammingness through my diet. The Bowen technique is a form of massage that hits the bits that join the muscle to the bone. I had a bit of success at the start, but really I don't think it's done too much - I've been going every 2 weeks for three months.

Back School is going to teach me the Alexander technique which basically assumes that the problem is postural. She basically explained that I'm quite flexible but that's because I'm not using my big muscles to stand, walk or sit and so all my little muscles are doing all the work and freakin' out causing problems like headaches and RSI.

So, I've got all these exercises to do while I'm standing and walking as well as some specifically for the RSI in my hands. I've been at this for a good 8 hours now and I'm freakin' exhausted. Resculpting your body is hardcore.


The most upsetting thing for me is that I'm not allowed to go to the gym for a while. I'm not like a major gym weird dude with veins popping out of my arms, I'm just normal, but it has taken me ages to build up the muscleness I do have and I think it's all about to slide. I have a superawesome metabolism so I kinda have to go above and beyond to build any muscle.

So.... I am embarking on an unattractive healing phase, I understand if none of you want to talk to me during this time.

17 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger that girl said...

I'll talk to you! Or rather comment to you. I don't do phone stuff, thats extra :) *jk*

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Adam said...

that girl, Canadians don't count.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Update: I just spent the whole morning (ie, 4 hours) sitting up straight in my office chair. I'm so freakin' sore now.

Current slogans:
No pain, no gain!
In your face gravity!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Update: Going quite well now.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Update: Whoa! I just had to print something, so I tried my new standing technique at the printer. I'm not allowed to lean on anything anymore and I should avoid locking my knees. It's crazy hard, I nearly fell into the document shreader and couldn't wait for the 6 seconds of printing time to be up. Scurried/walked tall back to my desk.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Update: Walked to meeting like I had entire broomstick shoved all the way up. No mishap.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It's always boring to wait for healing to happen, but you need to remember it's for the greater good.

I used to have a job where I would have to stand up for like eight hours, or spend at least a couple of hours at a time leaning over a counter.

I guess it's sort of made me not be a leaner, I relaised I also don't normally sit back and lean into chairs, but perch on the edge sitting straight up. I can see how it would be hard to get used to if you are normally a leaner.

P.S I am not interesting or informative but it doesn't not deter me from blogging :)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Ben said...

K. Call me when you're hot/ not filled with nerdy ailments again.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Whoa! Jen!
You are doing exactly the right things, did you even know that?

Jobe, nup, not going to happen. I'm not going to wait until I'm hot. I ain't calling you until I'm superhot! I know you have high standards/pants.

Update: Yesterday was freakin' hard. My back muscles were a bit upset. I did a bit of walking around which helped and when I got home I watched rockstar supernova in the TV watching position she showed me. Even that was hard work. I later did the relaxing technique but in the middle Cara called and I spent the next hour or so slouching around because I just totally forgot. Later I went to bed and this morning I felt totally fine. I did my exercises and walked to work. I'm sitting straight now but the muscles are starting to complain already.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Update: Going fantastically well.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Well I have photo's that prove you are just one great big hunk of manliness...and comments to that effect have been made by total strangers (strangers to you - friends to me)...it was the pic of you scooping me up and holding me (all manly like) on the hotel balcony - very effective on the presenting a manly image stakes.

Need I go on???

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Wow, that really sucks.
I hope all this pain works out for ya.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hey MG, I was wondering about you. I still don't know about those dates... it's all very up in the air. Is there any chance you could make it to Brisbane during that time or are you hangin' in the surfers?

Oh. I don't dispute that I'm currently super manly and way groovy. I'm just airing my concerns that I may become slothy stickboy while I put all my energy into the body reconfigurin'.

Hey the Steph,

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but it's all for the greater good of superadamawesomeness.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well I don't normally like to converse with people who aren't working out seeing as I spend no greater than 0 hours at the gym every week, but in this case I guess I can make an exception.

Can you post some of the pics Mermaid Girl has of you please? Thanks.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Hmmm, maybe if I can get onto a photo and edit the photos to be of the same quality as the photos on your blog Sarah, then, yes, yes I will.

Anyone still reading this comments section should check out Sarah's blog, she's actually put up some way freakin' funny posts - which is a pleasant change.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

I'm flying in to Gold Coast Thursday morning (26th October) and flying back home on Monday morning (30th October)...I am still trying to pin Holiday Girl down as to what she is doing cause she has good old family committments but I'm thinking I'm going to hire a car so either way you, her and I will totally be meeting for some serious funness.

Is Brisbane easier for you??

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hmmm, it is... but I still don't even know what I am doing for that weekend. So many variables...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home