Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, I got game, my words aren't lame.

Got into work early this morning to do some urgent work that wasn't actually ready for me... so I went for a bit of a walk around the floor. There was a smattering of earlys here, but not a single one was actually doing any work, every single one was playing with the internet or photos or otherwise mucking around. That's so the last time I let anyone get away with the ol' 'yeah, well I've been in since 7'.

In other news, Blogger beta has finally caught up with me. Try as I might I wasn't able to log in without converting. The stupid thing is, when I tried to post this earlier, it broke.

In other other news, do men trim down there? Should men trim down there? It's never occurred to me until Jac's post about accidentally seeing her housemates boyfriend. Instead of saying anything like 'whoa, he's a monster' or 'whoa, how does she find that in the dark' her only comment was that he needed a trim. Is everyone taking up some scissors except me? Is this service only available in barbers if you ask? Is there a codeword?

I haven't been in a public changing room for some time, but I've never noticed anyone looking particularly tidy. The only thing I've noticed about change rooms is that the really old men don't mind a bit of convo while their all standing around starkers. I have noticed that these same old men seem to be on quite smaller side, Oh My God, does it shrink as you age?!? I'm so hoping it's some kind of optical illusion as the gut gets bigger.

Does anyone have any answers for me on this bright cheery monday morn?

8 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Enny said...

Technically they HAVE been in since 7... I get in before eight so that I can get a carpark - my twisted view is that my work is so tight with the parking and won't do anything about it, then they can cover some unproductive time.

Re: Hairy McScary - I think you should give it a go. I don't know if ALL guys trim, but I do know some who do - and they won't go back. Though it's NOT something you should ask the barber for and it's proddly something that's not AS required for a long-distance relationship, but it might make a nice suprise for the next time you make it interstate?!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I suppose Cara's really the only one who can weigh in on the manscaping issue.

I guess that a bit of a tidy up would be nice, but I am just a person who values tidiness so anything tidy is alright by me. I don't love the entirely...clean look, it's just too prepubescent for me. Adults should look like adults, it's much less creepy.

I must back up Enny, do NOT pop into a hairdresser for that type of trim. It's strictly DIY or male beauty salon territory.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Male Beauty Salon?

I think there is one of those in Southbank!!

I don't think the entirely clean look would work with dudes, unless you go all the way and attack the legs, stomach, bot bot, chest, neck else a dude could look like a monkey.

I don't think Cara would notice anyway, I only shower in a full wetsuit.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mars said...

hey, blogger caught up with me too. this is RIDICULOUS! i can't beleive they MADE us change.

fascists.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Jac said...

Oh, it's a much more pleasant experience on the whole if there's regular mainenance in that department. I'm definitely not one for the all-gone pre-pubescent look either, but a trim is a must. But I wouldn't embarrass myself by visiting #19 (yes, that's what it's called - the male beauty salon at southbank) - just have a go yerself with a pair of scissors or an electric shaver!

hahaha oh god, now I've gone and embarrassed myself. Next time I see you I'm going to be wondering if you've given yourself a haircut or not.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I have no doubt you'll ask.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mars said...

well... there's only one thing to do...

LET THE INTERNET DECIDE!

put a pic up and we'll give an honest opinion.

do it, just do it.




or like... don't.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Best. Idea. Ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home