Monday, February 05, 2007

Mixed interviewness

Yeah, cross bloggage event, check out Meva's blog for some more of the questions of ace.


Dear Meva, have you ever jumped into a convertible with sunglasses, a headscarf and another chick or otherwise entertainingly roadtripped up?

Much as I want to be Susan Sarandon when I grow up, I'm afraid that the headscarf just ain't my style. And I've NEVER been in a convertible! How did this happen? I was born to drive down the Great Ocean Road in a convertible looking like a goddess (from a distance!). I have ridden pillion on a bike with my second boyfriend, though. And I've been on a girly roadtrip across the Nullabor in an 80's campervan. Now that was FUN. And no truck drivers were killed in the making of those memories. I'll post some pics one day.

Okey-dokey. Your turn! And my question might be because I'm stuck with drudgery in a windowless office.


Young Adam: What's the very best holiday you've ever been on?

Well, I've actually been on very few holidays. I've always been one to offer to owrk over the Christmas break, because traffic is super quite, no one is using public transport, people are happier, foodcourts are less frantic and it is, by all accounts, the very best time to be not be tackling any crowded beaches or supposedly serene countries. Every year, my plan was to work during Christmas and then take time off during ski season or whatnot, and every year work was too frantic to let me go... so I accidentally went 7 years without taking any time longer than a week off. So, my bestest funnest holiday was exactly this time last year, when four of us took on Japan and Central America. We totally took on Volcanoes and Mammothly lighty department stores and hot springs and kareoke and winter and summer and the nicest people in the world and the craziest people in the world.

One of my favourite bits was trying snorkling for the very first time ever in a massive dolphin enclosure. Cara was totally looking after me and I was only massively freaking out slightly, it was crazy deep and when I needed a rest all these dophlins came to check that I was okay and finding that I was demanded we all play fetch. I like playing fetch. I'm surprised the WII hasn't caught up with that one.


Ms Meva, apart from these questions of awesomeness, what was the last thing to totally make you smile all chesirely?

Well, it certainly isn't this new haircut I've just got! Paperbag territory, definitely!
I'm actually a BIG smiler (but usually my body is still visible around the smile). The last time I couldn't stop grinning for absolute days and days and days would have been last Christmas/New Year. Big smiler and big family girl, me. We had fam who moved interstate last year and came stay for the best 10 days ever.


Adam, if you could invite any 6 people to dinner, living or dead, who would they be?

Whoa!
As a question that seems to be asked of people a lot, I don't think I've ever answered this one ever. Whoa! You are a good cross-interviewer.
Um, okay. 6 people over dinner.
Hmmm, I'd like to see Caras there so that we can lie in bed for evermore starting sentences like 'whoa, how funny was it when...'
The dude who invented the hoverboard that Marty used in Back to the Future 2, it shouldn't be too far away now. I have some ideas I'd like to discuss with that guy, and I'd like to treat him sweet early.
Bill Phillips who does a lot of exercise programs, there are some gaps that I'd like to get some answers on.
Any of Charlie's angels.
A Templar Knight, dudes, what was it that you were up to? Also, bummer about the whole Friday the 13th thing, but good sword work by the way.
Our friend Sophie who we require many good stories from since she moved back to England and whom I would pay many pounds to see her attempt a hoverboarding.


Young Meva, have you ever been in a scrag fight over a carpark in Altona Gate shopping centre?

You were there? You saw it? Then, OMG, you KNOW I was sooooooo there first! Stupid bloody fool thought she could take me on, eh? NO ONE GETS MY PARK, BITCH! Thank god I had the crowbar handy. Thought she was safe just 'cos she's 85? Ha! Sucker!

17 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger meva said...

Wow! What an edgy idea!

Never in the history of the interviewness of the blogoscopy has there been such an eye-watering event!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger meva said...

Actually, blogoscopy sounds a little like elective surgery. Maybe I should have said 'blogosphere'.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Mars said...

OH NO! i'm too slow and lazy and stupid... :(

meva is cool, this will be good with her...

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Head scarves are only cool if they're Hermes.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger gigglewick said...

Templar knights! Why aren't there more of those in the blogosphere?

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because we find it hard to type wearing these chain metal gloves.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I love this double interview. Some great questions (pity about the answers).

The guy you want re: the hoverboard is Production Designer Rick Carter.

(I'm a BTTF freak as well!)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Mars, this isn't a regular feature, it's a double interview (world first surely).

Bevis, I don't want a dude who designed a thing for a movie, I want the dude who is actually going to invent the hoverboard.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Oh. Well that's me, then.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Better get cracking then, I want a hoverboard for Christmas.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger gigglewick said...

Bevis,

When you're done with that, can we also have that fully automated kitchen dealio of Doc's?

It would be awesome if my kitchen made breakfast for Mr Fix/Grizzlewick (although suggest a design that extends beyond dog food, for this reason).

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I love the cross-bloggage eventfulness of this post. Will you do more, and with who?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I'd actually prefer the fully automated kitchen in Wallace and Gromit instead. Bevis, can you get that happening?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Young lady Kris, only time will tell...

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

*sigh*

Boy! You guys are demanding! First it was the rush on orders for the Shoona (TM), then it's a hoverboard by Christmas (physics is a bastard to break, you know!), and now you're giving me the hurry-up on fully automated kitchens! Two designs!

(But yes, they'll all be ready for shipping by 30th November.)

In the meantime, I'm going through a bit of a backlash at the moment on a story I posted on my blog on Wednesday - the production line may be out of action for a week or so while I put out metaphoric brushfires. (Not that I agree there's anything much to get upset about ... but clearly some people think there is.)

Oops! Did I just shamelessly self-promote?!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Since I specifically hunted down that post to check what you were talking about, I would say Yes, Yes you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home