Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Airing the dirty laundry

When I get back to Melbourne, we've decided that we'd like to move into a bigger house. We've got plans and dreams and hopes and lice and our little place is feeling a bit crowded.We want a place that's fairly big but close to the city that isn't too expensive. I've been wondering if anything big enough for us will be crazy expensive so my thoughts have started to turn towards building a place that is perfect for our current and future wants and needs.


Architectual Floorplan

Cara was massively excited about the plans and so we were discussing it in detail:

Adam the adventurous: "... and here's a plus, we can hire monkeys to build it for us."
Cara the concerned: "Con! You can't motorbike up a branch."
Adam the awesome: "Pro! Can throw stones at our neighours, if we get their help getting them into the massive treehouse. Stones are heavy."
Cara the country girl: "Con! I can't lift my equipment up into a treehouse."
Adam the amazing:" "Pro! If we want fruit, we can just reach out the window and grab a peach or an apple. If it's a fruit tree."
Cara the curr: "Con! Builder Monkeys?"
Adam the adamant: "Pro! Wombats can do our chores and Possums can magic our errands."
Cara the complainy: "Con! We'll be blown down in the first gust of wind."
Adam the articulate: "Pro! We can poo in a bucket and pulley it down, then collect fresh water from a nearby lake or swimming pool. Efficient!"
Even though we were both very fierce in our ideals, we're a totally strong and loving couple and so eventually decided on a compromise of doing exactly everything that I wanted.
You're all massively invited to our housewarming. BYO beers/bonfires.
It's a great day for people/treehouse relations.

13 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I hope the bonfire will be on the ground and not in your tree..I mean house. Might not be a good way to have a house "warming" party.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Adam said...

The ground? Hanging out on the ground is soooooo 2007. We can have the bonfires on one of the non-house branches. You can bring marshmellows. Americans love marshmellows.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger kiki said...

seriously adam

i am so coming

and i'll bring D-rock and dotty and marsopan

that cool?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

This post right here is why I lurv you, my dear Adam. :)

Cara's a very lucky girl! And, what's more, you're a very lucky man!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Actually we Americans love smores! And I think beer goes well with that. I am honored to have an invite.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Jac said...

You just articulated my lifelong dream.

I propose to buy this dwelling when it's completed for the mighty sum of $6. I hope you find that figure to your liking!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Jac'dest, I totally appreciate your tender to keep up with the Joneses but don't even think for one millisecond I'm not going to use your figure to start a bidding war.

Kris,
I've never even once had a smore so now you are totally the guest of honour. GoH receives complimentary GSOH and also 100 slaves/Aussie husbands. Bring beer.

Meghan,
Happy Valentines Day to you too. Did you know Cara has a blog where she spends all her words declaring undying love for me and/or Neko Case? Also, her hair, dog, car, friends, events, excurisions, goals, dreams, hopes and lice all get a mention but mostly all the words are about how lucky she is. I guess I could be lucky too BECAUSE I GET TO LIVE IN A RAD TREEHOUSE!

Keeks, dude, sounds like perfect.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger gigglewick said...

I hope you're going to wash the bucket before you pull up the drinking water in it.

Seriously.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Adam said...

That doesn't sound very efficient...

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger gigglewick said...

On the other hand, neither does dysentery.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Hmmm, good point. I think I'm going to have to employ a cleaner kangaroo. I hope they're unionised.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Boy, that Cara of yours is a real Negative Nancy, isn't she?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Every single awesome idea I have Bevis, every single one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home