Monday, December 05, 2005

Oh Mr Bevis, what have you done?

A big massive thankyouness must go to the young BEVIS for setting an excellent example in birthdaypresenting. And then writing about that example in such a way as to inspire other young men to follow in his footsteps.

My story begins many months ago when young Bevis wrote details of the trickery, presents and overall funness of the birthday gift giving process with his wife. This was, I believe in loving revenge for her efforts earlier. So, then my story jumps from many months ago to Saturday. I rang the chick once I got home from Sydney (p.s - Community Service Announcement - hey y'all don't fly hungover) while she was having her birthday lunch with
her family and accidentally gave her the impression that I still had to purchase a birthday present. There was no time though, so she mistakenly got the impression that I might have to head out early Sunday morning to get her something, but quickly though, because we had a birthday bbq to prepare for.

Fade out, fade in Sunday Morning soundasleepers, alarm going off.
"Ah, good morning young lady"
"Good morning baby and ..."
"..."
"oh yeah, happy birthday!"
Cue huggin'.
"Would you like your birthday present?"
Cue shy head noddin' plus smilin'.
I reach down to my side of the bed, rustle some stuff..
"oh, um, actually I've still got to wrap a bit, do you want to go to the toilet first?"
"OHMIGODYES! I'm so busting!" (Girls are so so so predictable)

"I'm coming back in now" says the chick.
"Come into the living room" says the dude (ie, me).

The chick rocks in and stops at the door, stunned at the setup.
Mood lighting. Check.
Secluded area set up for Adam to sit behind. Check.
Beanbag for Cara. Check.

And thus started the rock quiz.
Being a rockstar, the girl loves music trivia. Psychotically loves.

27 questions. One present per question.
The QuizMaster was harsh, yelling simply "incorrect" every time her answer slightly varied from the actual answer.
She did alright, 19 correct.
Lifting the incorrect presents above my secluded area I gave her a choice.
She could be asked the questions again and any she got wrong would be given to her for Christmas or she could take the Ug boots provided and do a nudie run out to the back fence and back in 30 seconds. She got back at 29 and three quarters.

Then it was a festival of ripped wrapping paper and excited girl squealing.
There was an assortment of cds, dvds, books, vouchers, sleepware and travel thingimigies. Freakin' heaps of excitement.

The birthday bbq provided some happy smiley laughing people and some more present goodness, the girl was spoilt something chronic - she had a very excellent day. Happy Birthday chicka.

I'd like to apologise to customers on the 3rd floor of the Sydney Central Hotel on Wentworth who may have been woken up at 6am on a Saturday morning by a way hungover dude muttering, wrapping paper scissors cutting and sticky tape unfurling.
I very appreciate your restraint.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

But on the plus side, they got to see Cara doing a nudie run the following morning!

Also: Yay! I'm so glad I inspire greatness and funness!

Sounds like you treated Cara to a wonderful birthday - well done and full points to you, sir.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

(You've gotta be able to follow it up, now, for birthdays in future years and all Valentine's Days and anniversaries, etc ... I hope you're prepared - all you've really done is raise the expectations!)

But isn't the reward worth it?

(No details, please.)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Six a.m.? *gag*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home