Saturday, November 12, 2005

If you remember...


... a bit ago when I said I visited the house I lived in for 2 and a half years straight after moving away from home. I went back to take a photo for you all, and amazingly, after four years of just sitting there rotting, someone had started cleaning the place up in the week between my visits.

This house has a lot of memories for me. Three of the biggest parties ever, having a dude move in for a month while he was between places and me having to kick him out 10 months later because he had joined a cult and gotten weird, being stalked by the landlords daughter for most of that two years, the startings of my now closest group of friends, my own space - something I had never had before, the boredom, the good times, the love, the learning how to cook, clean, wash my own clothes, the neighbours, locking myself out the night before my 21st and sleeping on the step.

Ahhhh, the memories.

4 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I thought the first post about your childhood home was sad. This picture makes me sad again. Especially in Sepia.

Kisses.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Meghan, but you did a great job capturing the personality of that house in that photo. Memories are interesting.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Steph said...

My childhood home has been demolished to build townhouses. Sad doesn't even begin to descibe the way i feel.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I remember that place. I think I smashed a window there once. By ripping a door off its hinges and throwing it at the wall.

It was an accident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home