Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dag

Freakin' tagged. What's the world coming to? I thought I was exempt from such daggy blogger things, who can resist The BEVIS?
Here's goes some stuff... (I have no idea what's coming next).

1. I can very rarely recall stories of my own. I am an excellent listener, brilliant problemfixeruperer, totally groovy councillor, massively awesome at one liners and saying stupid things for funness but can't for the life of me recall any stories (real or fictional, my own or those of others). The weird side effect is that people LOVE talking to me and totally thank me for the 'chat', 'convo', 'good times'.

2. I am horrendously sunburnt at the moment.

3. I am a highly sought after IT guru who has, in actual fact, not actually done any work for about two years. I keep on accidentally picking up contracts from companies who think they need me. I've always had my contracts extended. I don't even hide the fact that I don't do any work, I am completely in the twilight zone. One day I would like to work a full day to see if I can actually do it. The internet has been my saviour and you people have totally entertained me through the past few years. I started writing a book when I didn't have access...

4. I am a dance teacher, I am teaching some friends their wedding dance in a couple of hours.

5. I love people more than anything else. The thrill of hanging out with new cool people (or old cool people, whatever) fills me with excitement like nothing else.

6. A lot of my friends seem to be growing up at the moment, I'm totally happy for them and a little bit excited on their behalf. I have actually planned not to grow up for at least another four years with the option to extend for a further 12.

7. I hope to never own a car.

8. I didn't make it to my ten year high school reunion a fortnight ago because my powernap raged out of control.

9. I always choose clothes, accessories and shoes by how well it's going to allow me to instantly spring into action. Shoes that might fall off if I needed to sprint down a street and pull an old lady out from a burning piano are no good. Watches or necklace things or whatever that may get caught if I was jumping a fence to stop a flood are no good. I don't wear watches or anything around my neck or anything for this reason. To date I haven't had to spring instantly into action, but when I do need to, I'll be ready. Anarachy, Bring it!

10. Whoa! Half way! Good work Adam. I've planned to get married to young Nicoletta in the first week of October 2007. We are having the twins in 2008. Sam is getting married to Alex around that time. After a couple of years, I am getting married to Sam while Nicoletta gets married to someone else and we are all going to help raise the twins in our big family of love. In the meantime Cara is being a rockstar. In 2011 Sam is marrying whoever (maybe her current boyfriend or whoever), I'm marrying Cara and we will have two girls. One will be a rockstar and one will be a superhero. Their training will start at a fairly early age.

11. I have, on two separate occasions been coerced to um, pash a young man. Both were involved with a game of "pash 'n' bash" where you are supposed to pash people whose names are on either side of the alphabet. Both times, being 'Adam' I've had to start, both times the next person on the alphabetical ladder has been male. The first time the game completely stopped because everyone squealed, laughed, cried and couldn't possibly continue. The second time a few more pashes did happen before the game stopped at 'C'. The first time the game was played became the biggest talking point of that group of people for a very long time.

12. I may never get married, I'm not sure I see the point. I don't think I'll have kids for environmental and selfish reasons. I find the traditional lifestyle of study, work, marry, buy house, have kids, enjoy life, retire; a bit scary and responsible for the huge overpopulation of the world. I think I'd be too scared of this descructive path this world is on to introduce someone else to it. I don't want to be negative, but I'm sure we've all have thoughts on any badness that may be ahead.

13. I go to great lengths to avoid Christmasness. Can not deal. Really, really psychotically can't.

14. I have a 18 month old little half brother. I am going to teach him snowboarding and other funness. I haven't had that much to do with him lately for all the usual excuses.

15. I don't really watch any television. I don't mind chucking on a DVD or something when I've up for some veg action, but mostly I just get bored sitting in front of the teev. My favourite movie of all time is The Blues Brothers and at the moment, DVDs of TV shows I like to watch are The Office and Family Guy. That is all. I never ever call people on the telephone. I don't really like using the thing, especially not to just chat. I've always felt like talking on the phone has prevented me from doing something actually fun.

16. I have almost every night planned until the end of this year. I don't however, want to think about NYE because that guy will always sort himself out in the last couple of days anyway. I don't mean to be so planned, people just invite me to things. It's almost exhausting but way totally exciting to be me. You should try it one day.

17. Everything always works out for me. Always. It's freaky weird.

18. For the first time that I can remember, I'm not really excited by anything at the moment. I'm not sure what do to about it - you can't force yourself to be excited. I feel like I'm searching for something, I'm just not sure what, a life direction or something. It's like everything is so sorted that I'm bored. Weird.

19. I totally have a hardcore souped up metabolism. I have always had to eat 6 full meals to get through a day and a good portion of my income does go into my stomach. As such, an old girlfriend that used to read a menu 4 times in order to choose the very best meal for that day used to drive me mental. I'm heaps more tolerant now, I know that I need to eat before going out to eat. I'm not really into eating really good quality food because I really just need to drive the hunger away, I don't really get the pleasure out of food and drink that others seem to. I'm not a great cook for this reason, but no one ever, ever, ever goes hungry. I encourage old people to cook for me. I've been known to adopt myself out to my friends parents. Girls like me because I need food.

20. I currently have no work, whatsoever to do.

14 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Really? Really? You'll definitely bookmark me? Whoa! That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

True.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very insightful! #15 is totally me, too. the only reason i even have a telephone is because other people, who like me most of the time, are afraid that i might fall off the face of the earth one day and they won't be able to find me, except for the fact that i'll have my trusty phone and they can call me and leave really long voicemails.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Apples said...

"5. I love people more than anything else. The thrill of hanging out with new cool people (or old cool people, whatever) fills me with excitement like nothing else."

If only you weren't such a boozehound, Adam. We could've hung out! I remember wondering if Russell (was that his name) was hot in his big hoodie, and you sitting on a very noticeable slant. Maximum LOLlage.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Brilliant!! Very amusing, and effortlessly done. Methinks you're a highly interesting individual, and it was great to learn these things about you.

Did you not tag anyone else on purpose?

Also, you must think me a vacuous waste of space to love television so much. I'd apologise for that, but I don't want to. One of my shows is about to start.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

You are fucking awesome, old lad.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Your #12 hits home.
I knew you were fan-freakin-tastic in every way, but this list just verifies it. Thanks for sharing, even if it was because of a tag.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Why thankyou young Nails.

Bevis, good. I'm glad you don't want to, because you shouldn't. I have no problems that heaps of people watch a bit of TV each night, I don't mind at all that the rest of my family watches TV all night everynight, but you young Bevis, have taken watching shows to new and exciting levels. There is a massive difference between someone who sits there every night letting the box entertain and someone who actively studies the thing. Also, I'd be more than happy to help you out if you find the time to make something, even if it's just making hot chocolate for everyone else.

Thanks Meghan, you rock also!

BB, young Russell is pretty buff and a stupid amount of fun, I miss those dudes. Also, whatever! Boozehound slantage! Wanna fight about it? I think the only reason we didn't hang out good is that you didn't organise any funness until I was leaving. Sheesh!

Young JelloDrowner, it's probably a nice thing that people care enough to freak out if we aren't communicatable. Unless of course, it's just because you owe them money.

Oh yeah, Bevis, I just forgot to tag anyone else. Does this make me a tag dag?

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Apples said...

Oh ya, you could tell by that shock of black hair that Russ was ripped like Jeebus.

And yes, yes I wanna fight about boozehound slantage! If you remember correctly, you got someone else to text one-word SMS' to me on the night because you were too paralytic to do it yourself! Actually, I remember you quite fondly from the sheer laziness on both sides -- it took me a lot to NOT fall down the stairs to meet you.

No, I don't like this e-fighting business - this cat's not fast as lightning.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Actually I always wondered about that bit...

My friends were playing my phone when suddenly they showed me a message saying you were coming downstairs. They said they had sent you something first, but I never figured out how out of everyone in the whole addressbook they chose the one person at that pub. Did they just find the last person sms'd or something? Dunno.
I don't even know what they sent you.

Now, you know that I'd totally admit if I was too paralytic, but I didn't quite get there. I was all good and an excellent conversationalist.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Steph said...

The phone thing. Totally me. I HATE and have always hated phone conversations. Even texting drives me fucking mad. I nearly always have my phone switched off or going to voicemail.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Not a 'tag dag', no. More like someone who thinks it's all about 'meme'.

*drum fill*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here Wednesday through Saturday. Please, try the veal.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I so desperately need to be in Australia. You guys are so much more fun right now then we are here.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home