Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What spears my salmon this week.

I'm not much of a shopping person. I like all shopping expeditions to be carried out like a military operation. Storm in, extract the hostage, storm out. 35 seconds.

That said, I seem to collect so many coins, in the quest for transaction speedation I chuck the closest monetary note at the shop person instead of counting out coins I've saved. I then toss all my coins into a bag and take that bag to the bank just before it's too heavy to lift.

So, what's spearing my salmon these days are shops that charge that extra 20 cents for an item. Why must anything be $10.20 or $5.10? Clearly the shops are trying to scab that extra bit of moola, but surely the administration of such coinage isn't worth their while.

Even though I don't like the coin, I totally hand over $20 for a $10.20 item to make them coin up, in the hope that these places learn to charge a normal price freakin'.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Brennig said...

I'm waiting for a coin worth 0.99c or 0.99p. The number of things priced at 4.99 is boggling. How come all these things cost the same amount to make?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home