Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Told by a cartoon to update this 'ere blog.

Sheeesh. You turn a computer on to wish a young lady 'happy birthday' only to find that so many typed and drawn demands for updatation. Blogwords are like a drug dude, and I think you're all addicted, but, but, but what if I don't write anything meaningful, or entertaining or full of wise? Will you all be so disappointed?

Anywho, I like left Brisb a while ago. The little red rockstar and I spent a whole day and a half cleaning a one bedroom apartment, I swear installing a mudslide was a heaps good idea at the time, but not the greatest for retaining one's bond.

I was unemployed for one day, a sore point for my Dad who tries to encourage the unemployed bum in me. I have however, renewed my plan to contract to ridiculously large and environmentally disasterous companies and then only do very shabby work at best in order to suck them dry from the inside out and redistribute those funds to support Melbourne live music. It's a dasteredly plan and one only a ninja can hope to succeed. No nunchucks or ninja stars required, my main weapons are Smiling When Spoken To and Pretending to Look Busy.

This company I'm contracting to for the next couple of months is ridiculous. In Brisbane I was working under ground in an office known throughout the public sector for it's old fashioned decore. Now I'm on some upper, upper, upper high floor in Southbank, overlooking a river and everything else. I look down on helicopters. It's as opulent as hell. Everyday I wonder at it's ridiculousness.

The only problem so far is that I've been hardcore restrained at my internet usage because the big boss keeps walking behind me. Instead I've been moving Excel cells around. I realised today that all the work I've been doing the past week has actually made the thing I'm trying to do maybe a hundred times worse so tomorrow I'm going to have to undo all my crud and then start again. Watch and learn ninjas.

I do realise I'm making way no sense, but I'm really freakin' tired. I've been arising at hardcore o'clock to hang out at a super poncy gym. Most people seem to have full makeup on when they treadmill at 6am. The rockstar and I have started a 12 week course thing to become even more superheroey. It is quite tedious and uncomfortable and requires many thoughts and thinkings, but we're doing it together in a loving coupley way, which means I have try and win.

Can someone buy a four bedroom house for us to rent? Close to the city and local shops? I don't really fit back into this house. To type out this blog I'm standing in a corner between an amp and a fold up mattress.

11 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Jac said...

huzzah! he returns!

and double hazzah! he's employed!

triple hazzah! he has killer views!

Since reading Cara's blog the house hunting seems to have increased from 3 bedrooms to 4 bedrooms. Now aren't you getting a leetle bit greedy, adam? What do 2 people want with 4 bedrooms?? I understand there's a room for sleeping, a room for rocking and a room for ninja-ing... so what's the 4th room for? A guestroom for Deb?

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Jen said...

And everything is right in the world...

I know you update rarely, at best, but to me it felt like a certain line was crossed that might have put your blog into "Wow, maybe he really ISN'T coming back" territory. Don't let it happen again!

Hooray for wonderful buildings though, Bris is a bit lacking in those. I had an awesome river view at my old job, it's kind of bad because you watch people sail by in yachts and stuff all day, and you are stuck inside working.

P.S I am locked and loaded for Melbs! 7 - 10th June, start planning my parade :D

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger meva said...

At last!! I'm glad you're back and still have the super awesomey ninja skillz.

But I just can't understand how anyone can get up at hardcore o'clock.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Enny said...

Aww - what a wonderful birthday present!

I was with D'jen in thinking mebbe you weren't coming back, so I'm glad to see it.

I dreamt last night about you and Cara doing the whole Body4Life thing - it was like a montage with music and everything... too much mock meat for dinner last night, it seems.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger kiki said...

4 bedrooms? you planning kids or something?

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Deb said...

OMG he returns!! Welcome back, ninja!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

"...we're doing it together in a loving coupley way, which means I have [to] try and win"

I am SO going to kick your ass.


"I understand there's a room for sleeping, a room for rocking and a room for ninja-ing... so what's the 4th room for?"

Kicking each others' asses.


Enny did the montage go something like this?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

PS: Kiki - kids are idiots.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Enny said...

Heh heh - similar, but with less boulder pounding and more pushups...!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Did you go somewhere?
lolzzz. Kidding! Congrats on the job.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger BEVIS said...

My brain hurts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home