Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On the weekend, one of my friends who works at a circus school (you heard me right, circus school) invited everyone to see their end of year performance.

Holy Mother of Mercy and Stuff!!

Those kids were unfreakin'believeable. Which clearly, you'd expect, being a circus school and all. There was like, I dunno, fifty kids all kamakazi somersaulting at each other, and holding up 12 other kids and flying through the air and balancing on ridiculous impossible to balance on things and juggling and magic and stuff. They were pretty professional and a bit freaky and stuff.

The way if affected me though, is that times I've felt something is too hard or whatever is me just being lazy. Some of the things these kids do is almost straight up impossible, but because they've worked at it and obsessed over it, they're amazing.

I was totally impressed by their dedication and perfection of craft and totally want to be like them. Not in the bouncing through the air while carrying 56 people and pulling magic flowers out of every which way, but totally dedicating myself to being brilliant at something.

Except, I'm not sure what I want to be brilliant at....

........ maybe I could just be the best darn travelling guy there ever was. Guess I should totally find out where it is I'm going.

7 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Yes, they do amazing things at circus schools these days.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

There are circus schools??
Sorry, still totally stuck there.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I reckon you should totally aim to be the best ever Blogger, and never leave your chair.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I'm surprised you would say that Jobevis... then I'd be direct competition for your Famous Underappreciated Blogger Type Dude.

It's a good idea though, I finish work in 6 working days...

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I'm not Jobe, dude!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Oh.

You're not?


But. But. What about my conspiracy theory? It was my first one.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home