Wednesday, August 10, 2005

This one time....

This story doesn't have a moral, or a point, or really anything about it, it's just a bunch of stuff that happened.

There was this one time, when I lived on a small street that could only fit one car down it if there were cars parked on either side. Once, when I was unlocking my car door, some dude flew past me and scraped the car coming the other way. The guy who had been hit parked his car, asked me to hang around and ran over to the dude who had to stopped at a stop sign.

The guy came back, looking all worried. He said the dude reeked of alcohol, wasn't making any sense, was totally menacing and that he wasn't able to get his license number plate details. I was able to give him that and gave him my number as a witness.

This guy called a few times and I sent an e-mail to his insurance company. He had reported the accident straight away and the Police found the dude still drunk and way drugged up. They charged him and then later the dude committed suicide.

The guy offered to buy me a beer as thanks, and picked me up and took me to a little lounge. We hung out, he seemed pretty cool. He was entirely too good looking, one of those dudes who should be only TV or something surrounded by models 24/7. We bumped into some friends of his, and we all totally laughed it up. When he went off to break the seal, his mates kept talking about how awesome he is. Some time into that conversation they realised that I wasn't gay and then I realised that everyone else was. I've had a stack of very close and very gay friends forever, but everyone there was so totally subtle.

Afterwards, I was freakin starving but somehow 'grabbing a bite' became 'him taking me out to dinner'. That was cool, I've never had anyone pay for me before. We chatted for ages, clearly both excellent talkers. He took me back home and got real nervous. I did some mighty fine thanking and bailed.

This guy then called me like, 4 times a day. Even after I explained that even though I'm an excellent talker, a way groover dancer and am neat, thin and single (this was before the chick), I'm not actually gay, he still called a few times a day. Just wanted to be friends, just wanted to hang out. It was sweet, but it very quickly got obsessive. Eventually I had to break up with him.

I still find it weird, that someone very good looking by society's standards got so funked so quickly, people really do only want what they can't have.

9 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent dating story. Not everyone can say that they are attractive and/or classy enough to be mistaken as gay!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Does neat, thin and single mean gay? Oh shit. My worst fear has come true.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Total No Show? What are you talking about? I was there for five/six hours.

I even went around asking people to take photos of themselves and show me the results in a massive effort to find you.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Now Nails, would you like to share your worst fears with the class?

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Worst fear....hmmmm being interested in the unobtainable. [okay, maybe no the neat thing]
[shall we just say it sounded like someone?]
I must be calm. Neat, thin, and single cannot always mean gay.
[breathes into paper bag]

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it has been a whole five days...the masses are getting restless here!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

It must be the pressure of popularity getting to him.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Could be..... or it could be that a certain attractive young Melbourian might be living the highlife of an unemployed bum.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Actually what I meant to say was 'what popularity'? I'm far too pretend modest to let that slide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home