Thursday, July 28, 2005

I know I've posted about this before....

....but goddam people get all mushy when they find out you're moving on. My impending departure was announced at my Salsa class last night and I would say all most one teared up appropriately. I didn't get home until crazy late for a school night, it took me much time to pry their little fingers off. It is an amazing human condition, I love it. I've lost count of the number of people who farewell lunches I've been to, who I've accidentally found out how totally awesome they are, and totally absolutely become their best friend hours before they race off to the world unknown.

I know you were concerned.
I don't think I was going to pull it off, but I think I might actually manage to finish all the work I hadn't gotten around to do the last six months. Light. Tunnel. See.

2+2=4.
Working off Nails last comment, that both Sydney and Melbourne are very, very, very passoniate about living either in the East or the West of the city. People who live in Sydney and Melbourne's eastern suburbs are exactly the same, as are those in the Western Suburbs. So, does Adelaide or Perth have the same passion? What about American cities? Is it totally East vs West, or is it the whole downtown, uptown thing?

Discombobulated.
Anyway, I'm not even going to pretend those questions are important, the important question is, what would you do if you were unemployed next week with no financial need to find work for a bit. Ponder that mothersunners!

8 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger la nadine said...

what would you do if you were unemployed next week with no financial need to find work for a bit?

learn russian.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Yes.

It's like that in larger U.S. cities, and to some extent, even small towns.

So much so that Little Rock, AR actually separated (YES, they are NOW two totally separate cities) from North Little Rock. And West Little Rock is ALWAYS referred to as West Little Rock. I am assuming they will soon branch off as well.

Oh, and, for those who don't know. Little Rock is in Arkansas. Southern United States.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Nadine, is that learn Russian during a continuous fortnight long spa party?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger la nadine said...

best. idea. ever.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger LadyCracker said...

Try Brissie for the divide - instead it is North/South there.

Early conversation question amongst the newly met - "So are you north or South?"

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

You missed the north/south divide in Sydney as well. Well, the north shore and everybody else - once you cross the bridge [yes THE bridge, THAT bridge] you're in a whole other world.
I was more commenting about the size of Sydney [well, picking on westies must be done too..] Erko's kinda in the middle in the greater scheme of things.
Won't matter much now will it?

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Ben said...

The only people that care about the north/south divide in Sydney are people from the north. Us in the south couldn't give a damn really. We're too busy waging an age old war with the west/overpriced fishmongers (rapscallions!).

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Forgive me, I work with a Manlyite. She behaves as if the rest of the city doesn't exist, especially my bit [where's that dear?].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home