Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I used to have an awesome memory for faces, and a not too shabby memory for names.Unfortuantely, years of slipping through the cracks of the corporate wastelands have transformed my brain from speedily hilarious to quite the idiotic dullard. Even this phrase, 'idiotic dullard' has taken me 25-30 minutes to come up with, in my uni days, I would come up with something far more creative, descriptive, imaginative and crude in mere mini-micro seconds.

That Corporate Entity Called Adam leaves the elevator this morning with almost a suave swagger, with all the time in the world to walk to the cafe three metres away. In the mornings I like to get a bit of a swagger in my walk, because every other time I'm desperate to be away/get food/be hateful of slow walkers, etc.

Another elevator opens and I glimpse another output of the corporate machine. She's well dressed, good posture and looks familiar. My faces brain kicks in, but I now can't tell if I worked with her for 10 years or shared a crowded tram once. So I ignore it. Did she live with me?

She follows me into the cafe. I didn't make breakfast this morning, and I need foods like nothing else. The staff has recently learnt my name and my one order, it's cute. I ordered at the food section, while this maybely familiar young lady ordered at the coffee section. I have no idea if she has seen me, knows me, or whatevs, so I go to the papers table to pretend to read while I try to remember who she is. Was she that chick on that breakfast show?

By the time she joins me at the papers table, I think I've got it figured out.I'm sure of her last name, I think I've got her first name. She looks more professional and is laughing less than I remember. I worked with her ages ago. I remember dudes I worked with after she left lamenting that someone so good looking was gone. That wasn't so important; she was a hilarious story teller, man, she has us in tears.

That Corporate Entity Called Adam was dressed nice, but had helmet hair. So I didn't say anything to her, didn't even look up, soon the staff called my name and I Early Morning Adam Strutted outta there. I had no idea if this girl saw me, or would remember or would care.

I assume I'll bump into her again if she's in my building. If so, I should tell her that she changed my life back in the day. Changed. My. Life - Freakin. Every week I receive an e-mail that makes me laugh so much, grosses me out and gives me all sorts of stupid tidbits that I drop into so many random convos.

I can definitely improve someone else's life the way Emily improved mine...Subscribe to www.popbitch.com You may or may not regret it.

5 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Yeah yeah, that's all very interesting, but how come on the news yesterday when they were all "Liberals come out on the first day with a zillion dollar tax cuts to guzzumph Labor" there was not a single footage of K-Rudd saying "Hello JH, could you BE any more desperate?" or even a "Tax cuts... pffft! Borrrring!"

Chandler Bing for PM.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hey commenter-man, this is my blog and if I want to tell stories about deep-fried toasted cheese sandwiches for breakfast than I will. You're not informed enough to talk about politics/topical events!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hey dudes, can it before it gets snarky! Are either of you guys also getting angry at all the new Hummer ads around? At a time where everyone needs to be responsible environment-wise, a vehicle that has no need to be release to the public comes to Australia. Stupids. Can't wait for Egg A Humvee Day.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Enny said...

I'm terrible with names and faces, and have started missing words/mispelling words.

Hrm.

From experience, I reckon she felt exactly the same way.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a vague recollection of the guy who introduced me to Popbitch...God, what was his name? No, it wasn't God...I don't think. Hmmm.

It had an 'f' in it, I'm sure;)
Soph xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home