Saturday, May 05, 2007

Still pluggin...

Hey kids,

The RSI has gotten worse, freakin'. Tell you what, I'm hardly a violent person (despite being an IT Ninja) but I'm totally set to walk up and kick RSI dead set in the nuts. It's kinda getting to a point where I'm not sure how much longer I can be an IT Ninja for, each day is pretty freakin' full of pain in the top of hands variety. A week starts to look like a very long time....

Anywho, I'm seeing a Chiro about it, since I've already had my funness with Back School, a Naturapath, A GP and a Accupuncturist. Like all the others, the Chiro is confident he can get the pain right down, so we'll see how that goes.

In other news, we moved house to Northcote. It's pretty mad. We've got like double the space that we used to and everything seems to be in walking distance. We had a heaps fun day of moving with lots of Friends of Rad carrying a box or a kabillion or lugging, fridge, etc. We've still got two weeks to clean up the old house, but really, now that we've moved that junk just doesn't seem the funnest. Again, I find myself putting the word out for any cleaning slaves to come a ringin'. Why, oh why, do they never ring?

We went to a funeral yesterday, in Sydney. I've never been to a funeral of a friend of mine before, I've only been to family ones of very, very old people. Our friend had been totally fine, and then had a slight cold, then suddenly was in a coma. I think he was in a coma for 65 days, with some brief forays into conciousness but eventually his body had a stroke and he never recovered. He fought a tough fight, he had contracted some bug that there have been only 13 other cases world-wide, and lived much longer than the doctors expected. He left behind a heap of good friends and a fiance. They had been working in London, so it all feels a bit surreal for us here. Despite the saddness, it was good. His sister did a great speech thing at the church thing and the wake was good. They made a photo montage that was excellent. We've known his fiance for years and while she was clearly gutted, she was okay. I haven't seen her for a while so I was worried that she might be a shadow of her former self, everything was going along swimmingly and then suddenly she's spending all her time at a hospital, but she was okay and was totally herself whenever we spoke about safe topics. It was all interesting for me, I've never had to deal with something like this before. I seem to emotionally detach myself when I see that everyone else is upset and go into lookeraftery mode, I guess everyone handles these things differently.

Anywho, Cara's just woken up, even though we have heaps of room here, we still need to figure out where everything goes. The storage for junk isn't great. Fun, fun.

Have good times kids,
Adam.

22 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I hope the chiro helps with the problem. Sorry buddy. Congrats on the move and I will be sending imaginary cleaning fairies your way. Sorry about the loss of your friend, its never easy when someone dies so young or unexpected.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so excited that you got a new place, that's very awesome!!

Not so exciting about having sore hands, hopefully the chiro will work some magic. If not, I suppose you could always consdering a career as a fashion model, artist's model, long distance runner or one of those silver guys who stand very still at markets (that's all the non hand related jobs I could think of).

As for cleaning fairies, I love cleaning, so if you want to hold onto the mess for another month or so I can totally help out while I'm down :D

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Sucks that the hands still hurt. I've been there, had a shonky wrist for a good couple of years in high school, and as the budding violinist I was at the time, made life very difficult. Hope the chiro turns out to be a magic super hero.

Sorry to hear about your friend, it always makes me sad to hear about people who die young.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Mars said...

northcote? with The Lesbians? whoa!

bad news about the rsi, it's a bitch... come back soon ads-man.. the internet needs you!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Aussie Rock Chick said...

What??? Lesbians???? No-one warned me about that!!

Ok that's it. I want out. Back to the Secret Suburb we go.


DJen - Pfft! Long distance runner? Silver statue? Have you SEEN Adam's attention span?

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. It sends cold shivers up my spine when i hear things like that...!

Anyhoo, I hope you DO kick RSI in the nuts and feel better soon, coz being in pain is so totally not fun. Kudos to you for dropping by to blogland and letting us know how you've been.

Oh! Send me your new addy too... I lost the old one...oops!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jac said...

Gosh I love a bit of "not going nowhere" action. I say SUCK IT UP to your RSI and come back to regular blogging.

I agree with Jen - you should be a still life model. You've definitely got the shoulders for it

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Enny said...

Can you get that voice thing where you'll read into our computer to blog for us?

I know it'll mostly be "ouch" and "I can't work this stupid thing", but better something than nothing!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I know a super awesome osteopath in Northcote who can fix pretty mch anything. Email me if youwant some details.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger kiki said...

isn't it part of the Ninja Code that you only use your super-awesome powers for good, and not evil?
which would explain your non-violentness

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Missin' you guys.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Cherry! said...

Sorry about your friend. That's really sad especially when it was so sudden.

I hope the RSI's getting better!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger meva said...

Ok. I know you're gone and all. But I still miss ya!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Karina said...

Sorry to hear of your friend.

I want to move from Sydney to Brisbane - and I was hoping you could help me with area, suburbs, anything really that I need to know!!!

Thanks =)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Stop pissing about on the internet and blog already.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger meva said...

Hello, Adam.


*waves*


*sighs*


*goes away*

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger kiki said...

in the eternal words of Suicidal Tendencies famous track 'You can't Bring Me Down'

"what the hell is going on around here?"

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Adam said...

So many things!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Bulldust! Name one!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Hello?

*sad frown*

Coffee?

Chocolate?

Glass of water?

*mutter mutter*

Email me!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Enny said...

I am still here like once a week - I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED ME A COMEBACK LIKE ELVIS!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I promised a much better comeback than Elvis, a more successful reinvention than The Cockroaches, more fun than a pyramid of jumping castles, bigger laughs than throwing multiple kids in the air and unrestrained social commentary so unrestrained I'd recommend investing in an automated defibulating machine before reading.

Also, 1. I am a director of a company.

Also II, hot chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home