Thursday, November 02, 2006

I shouldn't really be slightly creeped out should I?

Hi.

How are you?
Having a lovely day?

I do hope so. Anyhoe, do you remember a while ago I met some young lady from the internet who turned out to be quite nice and fairly intelligent and quite normal?

Well, since that experience was quite pleasant, I did what any red-blooded Australian male would do. I completely forgot about it and moved onto other things.

I forgot until just moments ago when I received this in my inbox:

Hi there, I am a guy 26 from south side of Brisbane. If you feel interested in hanging out and having fun with me please let me know.

Now, I can fully appreciate that this was sent by a young man who intended all innocence, but because I am wrong evil seen too many movies have a ridiculous imagination too quick to read too much into things my first thoughts were:

"having fun with me" - is he asking for sex?
"having fun with me" - is he subtling asking to be tied up and pummelled with a table tennis bat?
"having fun with me" - he probably just wants to go to the movies, WHERE HE CAN PASH ME?
"please let me know" - poor guy, I should stop thinking like a tool.
"having fun with me" - dammit, how can I not chuck in a pit of lions/religious types with only a Swiss Army pocket knife and a MacGuyver DVD boxed set?


Clearly there is something wrong with my brain. Send help/diabolical ideas.

10 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

I reckon you should arrange to meet up with him, and then when you turn up at your agreed meeting place, be dressed in a tux and holding a bunch of roses.

Alternatively, give him your home address and be wearing a dominatrix outfit when you open the door.

Funny blog stories will follow! ... Particularly if your Mum pops around for a surprise visit at around the same time.

(Sorry - am I not helping?)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Look, clearly the interworld has discovered that Adam is, in fact, a Stud Muffin. Attracting rabid crazies is just all part and parcel of having Stud Muffin status and you should get used to this sort of thing happening ;)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger kiki said...

does this tie in with my last comment about your president being safely protected underneath your tower...??

it's ok to be gay adam.

seriously. accepting this is the first hurdle and the toughest at that

here for you man

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Goddammit Lulu, when did you get Even More Hilarious?

Keeks, I'd be an awesome young gay man, how much fun would it be? You get to dance good and wave your hands in the air like you just don't care, girls would just nude up all the time around you, you get to wear cowboy hats and play in foam. No one ever asks when you're going to get married or have kids. So much funness.

Deb, yay the internet. So many uses. Did you see my comment on the weekend in another post? P.S) Whoa! Are you alive?

Bevis, are you telling me to Live For Blog? Um, okay, sure. Done. Diddily Doodily.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Adam, I'm pretty sure he wants to touch your naughty place.

I don't think you have to automatically assume he meant it innocently. He might be looking for a friend with benefits and think you might be just the boy for him!

It should be comforting to know that if ever you get tired of girls you've got another option :P

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger GBE said...

Lulu's got it - it's the 'having fun with me' bit that gives it away.

"Mate, howzabout we chuck back some tinnies and watch footy and look at some breasts?"

Now there's a straight offer.

But of course you must go. Excellent blog fodder and all that.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Enny said...

I think you should invite us all to watch where you meet up to see what happens, just in case.

Tho he could have found this and be reading it and upset and embarrassed in which case shame on you.

I do hope that it's just a guy who's a bit lonely and socially awkward and you can take him under your wing and that would be heartwarming and lovely.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Poor creepy guy... I wouldn't wanna be him!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Lulu, are you asking me or Enny? I don't think either of us were being sarcastic, I totally wasn't.

Just when I thought I had you pegged at a Level 7 Hilarity your 'so do my friends that kill people' jumped you right up to Level 9.5.

Enny, haha, I have no shame, I can't imagine that he would be reading, but he probably is just a dude who doesn't have English as a first language and wants to make friends OR IS HE?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Adam said...

You so do have a sense of humour young lady!! It's a 9.5 Rating.


To help you along though, from now on, I will only type sarcastic sentences with one hand. Then you'll know, they'll come out slower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home