Sunday, May 14, 2006

Internet Cafe - the sequel

Hey kids,

Well, after much contractual muckingaroundness I find myself in the very sunny, quite tropical, fairly awesome Brisbane. After all that toing AND froing, I ended up going for the Brisbane contract after all (see previous posts of confusion) it all up'd the stress but I'm pretty alrightish now. The lads wanted me there as soon as possible, so I found out about Monday 3pmish and was sitting at my new desk at 9am Tuesday..... and sat.... and sat.... and read a document a few times... and sat... and came back the next day and sat.... and.... sat. By the end of the week I was actually doing some work (first time in 2 years) and now I'm actually excited to rock along tomorrow.

Finding a place was hella hard. Noone wants to rent a place for 8 weeks and the serviced apartments are either crazy expensive or allllll used up. I've made possibly a trillion phone calls in the last couple of days and totally used and abused all my friends to find something. Cara bounced up from Melbourne to help an we find ourselves with something in a couple of hours. Total fluke but I'm excited. I can't wait to move in. I've had to change hotels every couple of days since I got here because Brisbane has been a hubbub of conventions and people needing to sleep in places.

Arrrrhhhjjjkkzhyheijnznbgs!!!! Internet time dying.... bubye!

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Yay for Brisbane! I am heading over in mid June - email me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home