Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?

That particular photoshoot never, even happened..... I didn't find a makeup person until the 11th hour and then when I did find one, the young lady never got back to confirm if she was still cool until well after I had already called the whole thing off.

I have done a couple of successful photoings since and have two tomorrow. I did in fact learn my lesson.

Today, after much diliberation and decision making, I turned down a contract in Sydney. It was the first actual contract offer I've received in the past 4 months. It felt weird turning it down but I don't really expect to regret it. Cara might, but I don't think I will. My pimp man was deadset against it, the rate was too low and all the extra expenses will kill me, which is interesting seeing as the last time I was in Sydney I was only making a touch more.... confirming my suspecions that he's been into some creative accounting.

Interestingly enough, on the morning that I had to decide whether or not to go to Sydney, and I had pretty much decided to go, I got two new contracts raising their little heads. Both seemed very interested in me and keen to get the ball rolling immediately.... .but both also said they'd call with a decision this afternoon, and with 15 minutes left to the working day somehow I think they may have been talking through their hats (read: recruitment companies may employ anus eating motherbuckets).

There is something way cool and empowering about being an computer nerd contractor. People totally listen to the stuff you make up, people are way super nice to you and assume you have all the answers but are totally understanding when you don't. Contractors carry an instant respectocard that none are immune to. That said, when negotiating contracts leaves you feeling like a lonely young thing looking for love in the land of one night stands. Recruitment companies say all the right things, right up until you say they can put you forward for a position..... then, no matter how hardened you become, no matter how many times you've done this before, you find yourself looking at your phone, not doing funness outside things in case they call.



The rosehipwoodoil worked a treat. I now have the top lip of a normal person.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

You start to sound a trifle disheartened.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Yes, yes, you do.
Almost a bit . . downtrodden.
Adam, sweetie, perk up.

As for the upper lip, I'm sure Cara is appreciative that she is no longer kissing a lizard. :)

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Negotiating Contracts is a place I visit. Not for the faint hearted, no.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Adam and "ag"...I am so freakin with you ... so ... freakin... with... you... lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home