Friday, March 31, 2006

Duh! Forbidden from my own blog again.

What is blogger trying to tell me?

Well, I'm still very much unemployed but it's getting trickier and confusioning plus.
Currently I have potential contract opportunities (ya love the lingo?) in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Brisbane pays the best, Sydney is middle, Melbourne the worst. Brisbane and Sydney for 2 months, Melbourne for 4. Potentially there is another contract going down in Melbourne that is for a year which will start in late June.

Since the moola from Sydney and Brisbane isn't so much better than paying rent in two cities, Melbourne is looking good.... but if the year long contract goes ahead then I'll have to quit Melbourne halfway through which is very bad karma in this industry. Sydney is the best in terms of skills I can learn, Brisbane is the worst in terms of what I would actually have to do (ie, completely not qualified....shhhhhh.... and boring as all get out). The Melbourne contract is offering such a low rate that it might not be a cool precedent.

The extra confusing thing is the dude whose small company I run my services through doesn't want me to pick up any contract under a certain rate because it messes with his books, and it's just not cool.... but he's not actually coming through with the goods himself.

Add more complexity, Cara hates her job and comes home frustrated way beyond all, and we have a grand plan that once we've got a bit saved up she can quit and start working on her own music business thing. It'll be rockin', but will take a few months (like, 8) before it starts making any money. I don't think she's coping with me being the exact busy unemployed that she wants to be.....

If Brisbane ends up being the go, then they'll want me to start on Monday, which means I have exactly two days to pack up and move interstate for a bit.... which is why they were going to call first thing this morning.... except they didn't.... which is good because my company dude wanted me to stall Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney while I contacted other dudes who might have something.... who never do..... and stalling them has become crazy easy since no one has actually chased anything up this morning anyway.

Which is why it feels like the 10 million phones calls from yesterday never actually felt like they even happened.....

And. And. I had 3 photographic models cancel on me this week, and two last week. The world has gone a little bit topsy and I think it's all because I haven't eaten lunch yet. It is 9 minutes past midday after all.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Y'know Brisbane aint all that bad. You should really consider the move. http://ghettobrizbayne.blogspot.com
WERD

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! history 1982 cadillac seville digital printing Medical office 401k plan setup fee maine Views on breast implants Baseball diamond diagram Lexapro and addiction free fax software

 

Post a Comment

<< Home