Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aaarrgghh!!

While I don't advocate piracy, hah! who am I kidding, I so do, I think the pirates who hijacked a supertanker full of oil were pretty freakin' genius.

Honestly, who is going to shoot at anyone on an oiltanker. One stray bullet and bye bye pirates, shooter, ocean.


I do know that today's pirates aren't as awesome as I think. There are no parrots, no peglegs, no sailing under the skull and crossbones with plenty of deserted islands to hide behind, no yo, no ho and probably not even a bottle of rum. I do admit that I miss those olden days, all you needed was a good ship, a couple of good canons, some scurvy dogs and a captain smarter than anyone else. Corporate office life just can't compete.

Supertanker pirates = two thumbs up.

6 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger kiki said...

oil ain't that flammable though

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Oh.

Well, that kinda dilutes some of the genius of it.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger kiki said...

maybe the crew are environmentalists and didn't want the oil to spill into the sea?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Brennig said...

As the whole lot is insured at Lloyds and the ship and cargo are owned by Aramco (the Saudi Royal Family) I wouldn't be surprised if the whole lot was accidentally vaporised by napalm during an attempt to retake the ship. Sadly most of the pirates are likely to perish in the 'accident' but...

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger meva said...

Pirates are all loveable rogues with hearts of gold. Everyone knows that.

All the ship owners need to do is put a kitten in a rowboat and set it adrift. The pirates will all dive off the tanker to try and save it. So simple! So effective!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Adam said...

B, hmmm, interesting prediction, I must find out what's happened since.

Um, Mevs, I feel bad for being the one to tell you this, but I've met a couple of pirates now, and twice I've seen them just pick up a kitten and take a huge bite out of it. Not pretty.

You're thinking of the vegan pirates. I love those guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home