Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Quotes from the weekend

Helga: "Rachael and I are going on a 5 hour hike tomorrow morning."
Adam: "Whoa, we should do stuff like that too in preparation for our trip."
Helga: "Then come along."
Adam: "We would but ahhh..."
Helga: "Are you doing anything tomorrow?"
Adam: "Um, I'm not."
Cara: "I don't have anything planned."
Helga: "Then come along."
Adam: "Okay cool. We will."

7 hours later.

Cara: "What are we doing? We must be idiots."
Adam: "I've got everything, let's go."
Cara: "I'm scared."
. . .

Rachael: "Good morning."
Adam: "Good morning."
Helga: "Good morning."
Cara: "Can I use your toilet?"
. . .

Helga: "Whooo! We're here."
Rachael: "Yay!"
Cara: "Where is the nearest toilet?"
. . .

Cara: "That last hill was a killer."
Helga: "Why aren't you puffing?"
Adam: "I'm a boy, I can't believe you are doing the Oxfam 100km walk again this year, that's so freakin' hardcore."
. . .

Adam: "How come I have to put on a million miles of sunscreen and long sleeves and pants and you just get to swan around in a singlet and shorts?"
Cara: "I can't believe how uninvinceble to the sun you are!"
. . .

Helga: "Here is the halfway point."
Cara: "That wasn't so bad."
Adam: "Man, I can feel it all in my calves."
Cara: "I need to find a toilet, I've been holding on for the last hour."
. . .

2 hours later.

Adam: "Are you okay honey?"
Cara: "Yeah, I just want to get there now."
. . .

1 hour later.

Cara: "Oh my god."
Rachael: "I think I'm going to throw up after that last hill."

1 hour later.

Adam: "Whoa. That bit was tough."
Helga: "Let's wait up for Rachael and Cara, I can't see them."
. . .

Adam: "Are you okay? I'll walk with you now."
Cara: "My god, I don't think I can go much further."

1 hour later.

Adam: "I don't remember this fork in the road, where are Rachael and Helga?"
Cara: "Rachael's phone is out of reception."
Adam: "Excuse me, did you see two young ladies walk this way?"
Random old ladies walking past: "Yes, they must have gone down that way, towards the carpark."
Adam: "Thank you."
. . .

Cara: "I don't remember this hill being so steep coming up."
Adam: "Actually, I think I do remember this bit."
Cara: "I remember this hairpin."
. . .

Adam: "What the hell, where are we?"
Cara: "I'm calling Helga."
Cara: "Uh. We have to go back."
Adam: "Whoa."
. . .

Cara: "I don't think I can make it back up that hill."
Adam: "Take your time."
. . .

Cara: "I just can't.."
Adam: "It's just up there, have a rest."
. . .

Adam: "We made it! Now, we have to keep on this track here to find Rachael and Helga."
Cara: "Oh my god, look how steep this hill is!"

20 minutes later.

Adam: "There they are."
Helga: "Cara, are you alright?"
Cara: "I just can't...."
Rachael: "We're nearly there."
. . .

30 minutes later.

Adam: "Cool."
Rachael: "Yay!"
Helga: "Wahoo!"
Cara: "I need to go to the toilet."
Helga: "I'll be doing this again next week if anyone wants to come along."

The next day.

Cara: "How was your day?"
Adam: "Not bad, got some new lights, got freakin' stood up again by some model chick, went to the gym."
Adam: "How was your day, lady?"
Cara: "It was good..... except everyone was teasing me because I can't freakin' move."

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger BEVIS said...

Sounds like funness personified!

Does this mean you and Cara are through?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Yeah, apart from the near-tears it was almost funness.

Cara and I are not through, I was there for her when she couldn't go on, I stayed with her when she was overtaken by snails, in short, I was way totally freakin' lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home