Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Braindump is the new prose

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday he will like 55 or some such age, it doesn't really matter, anyone over 30 can't be trusted and all get heaped in to the same group of 'old'. My Dad however, has a super young son called Dominic who is probably about two years old. We were going to have a birthday lunch on Saturday but my dad has had to cancel/reschedule because he's been invited to a mates "farewell" party. I'm not sure what to call this event, because it's for a dude who has been given between 3 and 6 months to live. I'm sure no one will be calling it a farewell party but it's kind of what it is. I'm not sure how I'd deal going to such an event. Is happiness and hilarity going to be forced? Will there by many ackward silences whenever someone mentions a word that can relate to death (Man, I'm dead tired after I killed that steak.) ? Will everyone forget and just enjoy themselves? My dad is super awesome at talking crap so I know this party is in excellent hands, taking a small child always entertains people anyway - as if people can talk about anything else when there are little kids running around.
Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for little Dominic to grow up a bit, I want to teach him snowboarding and climbing trees and ninjitsu and how to be my henchman/minion, etc. Currently he just hands me stuff. Useful for becoming a minion but just isn't as fun as high speed skateboarding.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home