Thursday, September 08, 2005

Boys and Girls,

Let's have a little chat shall we? I wanted to get you all together, to talk about this blog. As I approach the mature 100 post mark, I feel that I should let you know on the direction of this timekillingdevice journey.

I know you are surprised, shocked even, you probably assumed this adventure was a random wander, a chronical of the unlinked. There are, however, certain restrictions I have placed on this bloggothingo. I actually started this blog as a bit of fun, something to wile away the working hours. Later, I noticed that I tended to use it as a journal to get stuff off my chest (not anvils, scorpions - emotions) but it got all complainy and boring.

Then, I started to happen along other people's blogs (before then I only found gibberish on the 'next blog' button) and be entertained by the funness. So, my posts became more interactive, more involved with the blogosphere rather than internal 'woe is me' dialogues.
This thing will actually become my travel blog in January 2006. This means that I'll actually have to introduce it to my world. Orginally I was never going to do that, so I could be completely open and write about anything in my life without regard for offending anyone. Over time I realised that posts like that aren't really me and that this'll be a great spot to update peoples/countries with any travel adventures I accidentally happen upon. I'm a bit excited I'll be able to chuck photos on too.

So, that's where things are headed. I'm aware of the irony that 'not going nowhere' will become a travel journal at some point. I'm also not really looking forward to the point where I'll have to tell everyone about it and they'll possibly notice I've blogged up a storm for a few months, but I'm sure I'll cope. I'm a trooper/I'll forget.

Good. I'm glad we had this discussion.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Yay for travel blogs!!

I can't wait to read about your escapades! The writing your have done since I have been following your blog has been great and this new branch of it is going to be fabulous :)

Do we get to know more details now?

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with mermaid girl. I'm excited to see the new direction this blog will take. Other people will love it, too, even though you haven't told them about it until now.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home