Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The storm of nerds

Yesterday I did something wrong. I lied.

I did it purely for my own amusement, as I tend to do when the going gets boring and I require entertainment. The problem is that I lied to some math, um, enthusiasts about something I know nothing about.

One dude said "Whoa, we've got 333 users....... that's halfway to the devil".
One amazingly attractive yet big fat liar said "Whoa, that's also a quinox number, cool."

The hush was deafening as the new exciting information was processed. Suddenly, each person in the room realised they had been presented with something new and exciting that they could entertain others with for decades.

Eyes seemingly quizzical, but the ruthless desperation for random maths knowledge obviously apparent. Not being uncomfortable with a bit of attention, I launched onwards.

"There are only four quinox numbers from 1 to infinity.
It is a prime number factored by a different prime number divided by another prime number. Amazingly whichever combination is used, only 4 answers are ever produced.
Reckon you're smart enough to guess the other three quinox numbers?"

Oh. My. God. If I had any idea of what I was starting, I would have run away. Far away. Anyway, the fervour of the workings out, the race between them all. When stuck, I even suggested they google it. By the time they had sweat blood and tears I was totally nervous about telling them I had made the whole thing up.

Now they can't not mention it. Every sentence for evermore. Damn.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confident that most, if not all, math concepts were created by attractive-but-bored types lying to the nerdy-but-gullible types purely for the entertainment value. That's where calculus came from.

In short, you are a math genius! People will read about Adam Theorem of Quinox numbers in math books someday.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! asian anal http://www.vanity-transexual.info/Pamela-anderson-movie-free-download.html Football helmet star youth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home